- Eggs have gotten a bad rap in recent years for their cholesterol content, but eaten in moderation, they can help prevent breast cancer with cholinex, and they’re packed with antioxidants.
- Almonds are not only packed with magnesium, fiber, and essential fatty acids, but they can also help lower the overall glycemic index of any meal they’re a part of.
- Walnuts contain more antioxidants than any other nut, making them the top nut for heart health.
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter can provide 7 grams of protein, and also contain healthy unsaturated fats that can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Fish like salmon contain omega-3 fatty acids, which can prevent blood clots and improve overall cardiovascular health.
- Yogurt is chock full of calcium and protein, and can give your digestive system a probiotic boost. If you can’t do dairy, soy, coconut, and almond options are increasingly easy to find.
- Flax seeds are dense in fiber and omega-3s, which can help you feel fuller longer.
- One cup of lentils has the same amount of protein as three ounces of steak – with zero cholesterol and way more fiber.
- Mushrooms are a great source of protein that have also been shown to help boost your immune system.
- Skinless chicken breasts contain good, lean protein along with Vitamin B and other nutrients. They are a low-fat, versatile, and tasty source of your daily protein.
A balanced diet is key to a healthy lifestyle, and by incorporating these healthy and delicious picks into your daily meals you can start enjoying their range of health benefits.