We all know that gelatin is the colorless, flavorless stuff that comes from the collagen in animal bones, but you’ll find that it’s a surprisingly awesome supplement–one you’d do well to add to your life!
Here are some of the gelatin health benefits you need to know about:
1. Boost skin health — Want to have healthier, more beautiful skin? Add a bit of gelatin to your life and watch the magic happen. Gelatin helps your skin to produce more collagen, the nutrient that keeps your skin fresh, young, and wrinkle-free.
2. Improve hair health — Gelatin is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, three minerals that are needed by your hair (and teeth and nails). These minerals are often lacking in the modern diet, so taking gelatin supplements is a good way to stay healthy.
3. Fight aging –– Your skin is usually the first place to show signs of aging, but taking gelatin can help to reduce the toll your years are taking on your body. Gelatin will keep your skin producing the elastin and collagen that will keep your skin from sagging, aging, and losing its color.
4. Reduce stretch marks –– Pregnant women often look in the mirror and despair over the state of their bodies, particularly all those visible stretch marks. Gelatin prevents stretch marks by keeping the skin nicely elastic, and it will treat stretch marks by increasing collagen production in the skin.
5. Detox your liver — Gelatin contains an amino acid called glycine, one of the amino acids that your body needs to build muscle. Glycine also helps to detoxify your liver of any chemicals or harmful toxins, and it is a crucial element in the production of the immune-boosting antioxidant glutathione.
6. Prevent cellulite –– Cellulite is formed when too much fat is deposited beneath the skin. Gelatin can help to prevent and reduce the visibility of cellulite, as it ensures that your skin can produce enough collagen to repair the damage done by the stored fat.
7. Aid in digestion –– Glycine can help to increase the levels of hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which will ensure that your body can digest and absorb nutrients properly. Not only will it aid in digestion, but it can help your body use protein more efficiently. As a bonus, it can help to heal the intestinal linings of those with intestinal damage. If you have food intolerances or sensitivities, taking gelatin can help to prevent and treat leaky gut syndrome.
8. Strengthen bones — The food you eat can literally make or break your bones! Gelatin is loaded with calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, along with many other nutrients needed by your bones. By eating more gelatin, you’ll make sure to get the balance of minerals that will keep your bones healthy and strong.
9. Improve arthritis — Gelatin contains a nutrient known as chondroitin, which is one of the best joint-friendly supplements around. It helps to support joints, increases the body’s production of cartilage, and help to decrease the joint decay caused by arthritis.
10. Balance hormones –– The glycine in gelatin will help to not only regulate your insulin, but it ensures that your body has enough glutathione to eliminate excess estrogen. It’s a supplement that can go a long way towards keeping your hormone levels balanced.
11. Reduce allergic reactions — If you are suffering from allergic reactions to certain foods, it’s time to add more gelatin to your life! Gelatin helps to build up the intestinal lining, helping to keep out pathogens and protect your digestive tract from food sensitivities.
As you can see, gelatin is one of those foods you need A LOT more of in your life!
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Spirulina But Should
Spirulina is a type of green algae that grows in fresh water bodies. It is a survivor plant which, unlike most …
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Eat MORE of This Cancer-Fighting Veggie
Cauliflower is an underrated food item that is now gaining traction in the world of healthy food trends. That’s right: the food …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 7 Simple Foods That Will Instantly Make You More Resistant to Illnesses
The recipe you will find below contains seven of nature’s most powerful natural antibacterial and antiviral substances. But before you …
- This Is Why You Should Always Eat Cooked Tomatoes If You’re Trying To Lower Bad Cholesterol
Generally speaking, the less cooked a vegetable (or in this case, a berry), the better. Raw is almost always preferable …
- Decayed Meat Treated With Carbon Monoxide to Make It Look Fresh At The Grocery
Did you ever wonder how the meat sold in the grocery store always looks so fresh? Have you thought about …
- 7 Salads Worse Than a Big Mac
Salads sound like they should be a healthy alternative to some of the calorie-, fat-, and salt-packed options you find …
- This Is How Much Fruit Juice Children Should Be Drinking According To Their Age
Not all fruit juice is created equal. In terms of sugar and calories, store-bought juice is actually quite similar to …
- It’s Not Rocket Science! 4 Ridiculously Easy Ways to Prepare Nutritious Food.
Due to poor agricultural practices and excessive processing, the food that ends up on our plate is typically a shadow …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- The 5 Worst Sweeteners That Kill Your Liver And Their Natural Alternatives
Glucose is your brain’s favourite food (1). It’s also an important source of fuel for your whole body. Your body produces …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- Mustard Seeds Can Help Improve Your Digestion And Protect You From Cancerous Cells
The parable of the mustard seed was the first glimpse into the might of this tiny food. Now modern science …
- 5 Natural Herbs For The Festive Season
The ‘festive season’ has begun and it’s only a few weeks to go until Christmas! Very soon our lives will …