We all know that gelatin is the colorless, flavorless stuff that comes from the collagen in animal bones, but you’ll find that it’s a surprisingly awesome supplement–one you’d do well to add to your life!
Here are some of the gelatin health benefits you need to know about:
1. Boost skin health — Want to have healthier, more beautiful skin? Add a bit of gelatin to your life and watch the magic happen. Gelatin helps your skin to produce more collagen, the nutrient that keeps your skin fresh, young, and wrinkle-free.
2. Improve hair health — Gelatin is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, three minerals that are needed by your hair (and teeth and nails). These minerals are often lacking in the modern diet, so taking gelatin supplements is a good way to stay healthy.
3. Fight aging –– Your skin is usually the first place to show signs of aging, but taking gelatin can help to reduce the toll your years are taking on your body. Gelatin will keep your skin producing the elastin and collagen that will keep your skin from sagging, aging, and losing its color.
4. Reduce stretch marks –– Pregnant women often look in the mirror and despair over the state of their bodies, particularly all those visible stretch marks. Gelatin prevents stretch marks by keeping the skin nicely elastic, and it will treat stretch marks by increasing collagen production in the skin.
5. Detox your liver — Gelatin contains an amino acid called glycine, one of the amino acids that your body needs to build muscle. Glycine also helps to detoxify your liver of any chemicals or harmful toxins, and it is a crucial element in the production of the immune-boosting antioxidant glutathione.
6. Prevent cellulite –– Cellulite is formed when too much fat is deposited beneath the skin. Gelatin can help to prevent and reduce the visibility of cellulite, as it ensures that your skin can produce enough collagen to repair the damage done by the stored fat.
7. Aid in digestion –– Glycine can help to increase the levels of hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which will ensure that your body can digest and absorb nutrients properly. Not only will it aid in digestion, but it can help your body use protein more efficiently. As a bonus, it can help to heal the intestinal linings of those with intestinal damage. If you have food intolerances or sensitivities, taking gelatin can help to prevent and treat leaky gut syndrome.
8. Strengthen bones — The food you eat can literally make or break your bones! Gelatin is loaded with calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, along with many other nutrients needed by your bones. By eating more gelatin, you’ll make sure to get the balance of minerals that will keep your bones healthy and strong.
9. Improve arthritis — Gelatin contains a nutrient known as chondroitin, which is one of the best joint-friendly supplements around. It helps to support joints, increases the body’s production of cartilage, and help to decrease the joint decay caused by arthritis.
10. Balance hormones –– The glycine in gelatin will help to not only regulate your insulin, but it ensures that your body has enough glutathione to eliminate excess estrogen. It’s a supplement that can go a long way towards keeping your hormone levels balanced.
11. Reduce allergic reactions — If you are suffering from allergic reactions to certain foods, it’s time to add more gelatin to your life! Gelatin helps to build up the intestinal lining, helping to keep out pathogens and protect your digestive tract from food sensitivities.
As you can see, gelatin is one of those foods you need A LOT more of in your life!
- Eat More Red Onions: It Kills Cancer Cells, Stops Nosebleeds And Protects The Heart
Onions—you either like them or you hate them. Well, the jury is in and according to a 2010 Business Wire …
- Orange Juice Not As Healthy As You Think
Just because it’s made from fruit, doesn’t mean it’s the best choice. Orange juice is a breakfast staple, right? Well—it …
- Cinnamon Can Help Reduce Blood Sugar and Cure The Common Cold
Cinnamon is a frequent addition to holiday meals such as pumpkin pie and mulled cider. Cinnamon can also be used …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- Eating Grapefruit Can Help Treat Diabetes And Keep Cholesterol in Check (Do NOT Eat It With Meds!)
Eating more grapefruit might be the best natural way to keep your kidneys healthy and free of dangerous cysts. Additionally, …
- Prepare Ginger THIS Way to Prevent Cancer, Reduce Cholesterol And Lower Blood Sugar Levels!
How do you like your ginger? Do you stir-fry it, bake with it, or steep it as a tea? There …
- This Little Boy Was Having Up To 500 Seizures A Day…It Didn’t Stop Until His Father Did This!
Jayden David was born a happy, healthy baby. But 4 months after his birth, he mysteriously started having myoclonic seizures. …
- Complete List of Cancer-Fighting Foods
There are hundreds of variations of cancer; its incidence has remained steady in North America over the last decade and …
- 9 Surprising Ingredients Used in Taco Bell’s Ground Beef
With the hullabaloo surrounding labeling food products that has escalated over the years, many consumers want to know what’s really …
- Top 8 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food
What you know about fast food is probably bad enough. What you don’t know may be even worse. The realities …
- 7 Foods That Help Keep Your Hunger Hormones In Check
When your stomach is empty, the way it informs us is efficient – and often troublesome for those who are …
- Top 10 Unhealthiest New Fast Food Meals
Summer brings all sorts of seasonal joys: great weather, summer fruits, blockbuster movies, vacations, and new offerings by our nation’s most …
- Amazing Vitamin Stops Cancer Growth And This Is How Much You Need
In fact, recent research has found that vitamin D, which your body produces through sun exposure can help prevent and …
- Powerful Bacteria-Killing Spice With 4X The Concentration of Antioxidants as Blueberries!
When we hear of antioxidant foods, we often hear of berries. Blueberries in particular are touted for their rich antioxidant …
- An EGG-ceptional Superfood Backed by Science (Yes, It’s Okay To Eat The Yolk!)
Nutrition experts often know what they are doing, but their track record in identifying unhealthy foods is not very good. …