8. Turmeric Kombucha
Kombucha packs a probiotic punch, so why not make it even more nutritious with turmeric?
- 1 glass jar with tight lids to hold 1 gallon of liquid
- 1 gallon of unflavored homebrewed kombucha
- 1/2 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tsp fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground dried turmeric)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger)
- Pour the fresh kombucha (but not the scoby) into the jar, leaving a few inches of headspace at the top.
- Place the spices and the apple matchstick into the jar.
- Leave the jar in a dark corner at room temperature for 3-5 days. Remove the lid for a few seconds every day to relieve the build-up of fermentation gas.
- When you like the taste and fizziness of your brew, remove the apple pieces and place the jar in the refrigerator.
- Consume within 2-3 weeks.
Spicy, smooth, and comforting, this tea will your new favorite!
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 black tea bags
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- Small pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tea concentrate
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- To make the tea concentrate, combine all ingredients in the first list except for tea bags and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags and vanilla.
- Steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour through a tea strainer and store in a sealable container. It will last about 7 days refrigerated.
- To make 1 latte, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut sugar and turmeric in a small saucepan.
- Warm up over medium heat just until it just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Use a milk frother or immersion blender if desired to create milk foam.
- Combine the warm milk mixture with 1/4 cup of the tea concentrate in a glass.
- Stir well and garnish with cinnamon and adjust sweetness as necessary.
10. Turmeric Coffee
Spice up your coffee with some turmeric and cinnamon.
- 8 ounces strong coffee (brew methods vary the intensity of the coffee)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- raw honey, to taste (optional)
- Brew the coffee with the cinnamon and turmeric.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Pour the coffee into a blender along with butter, coconut oil, and raw honey. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a mug and serve.
11. Superfood Hot Chocolate
You won’t feel guilty indulging in this hot chocolate!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 stick of cinnamon or ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the coconut milk and water, as well as the turmeric, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add raw cacao and vanilla extract.
- Stir to combine.
- Strain and serve with honey.
12. Antiinflammatory Sparking Turmeric Juice
Put down the soda and enjoy this instead!
- 1/4 of a large pineapple, making sure to include all or part of the core
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- sparkling mineral water
- Juice carrots and pineapple until you get 1 ½ cups of juice.
- Pour juice into a glass until it’s half full. Add turmeric and stir.
- Top off with sparkling water and enjoy.
13. Paleo Sports Drink
This recipe is so much better than Gatorade.
- 2-inch piece of turmeric peeled and cut into 5 or 6 chunks
- 2-inch piece of ginger peeled and cut into 5 or 6 chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2-4 limes)
- 3 tbsp local raw honey
- 4 cups + 2 cups of Filtered water
- Add ginger, turmeric, and water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add honey. Stir and cool.
- Once cool, remove ginger and turmeric and pour the mixture into a large jar with a lid.
- Add 2 cups of water and lemon juice.
- Stir and drink immediately. Store the remainder in the refrigerator.
14. Spiced Matcha Latte
Matcha is a superfood on its own but with a bit of turmeric, it’s a nutritional powerhouse.
- 3 oz water, boiled
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- 8 oz non-dairy milk, warmed
- honey, to taste
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- In the meantime, boil water and pour into a small glass bowl.
- Add matcha, cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger and whisk to combine.
- Pour the warm milk into a mug and add the matcha mixture. Stir and add honey.
- Enjoy warm.
There you have it! These turmeric drinks are a wonderful way to live well and support your body without compromising flavor. Try them all and find out which works best for you!