3. Turmeric Tea
Flavorful and complex, this tea is a healthy way to warm up on a cold day.
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of clove powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Raw honey (optional)
- Boil water in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and add all the spices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, strain, and serve hot.
- Add honey and milk to taste.
4. Turmeric Water with Black Pepper
If you’re short on time, this recipe is a great quick fix.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass of water and drink immediately!
5. Turmeric Latte
Replace your calorie-laden coffee latte with this healthy alternative.
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated turmeric root
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger root
- Raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add all the ingredient but the honey into the pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain, add honey and serve.
6. Turmeric Lemon Tea
This tea is sure to pack a punch of energy!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Honey to taste
- Combine lemon juice, turmeric, ginger and cayenne in a mug, top with boiling water and sweeten to taste with honey.
7. Turmeric Tonic
Tasty and full of electrolytes, this tonic is perfect to hydrate after a hot day.
- 3 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger slices
- 1 lime, cut into quarters and squeezed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a glass jar with a lid, shake well, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.