A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your throat, which makes it sore and swollen.
Conventional cough syrup has a lot of unnecessary ingredients. Many contain artificial color and flavour to make them more appealing. They also have preservatives and chemicals you’ve probably never heard of.
This easy recipe uses 3 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Best of all, it’s easy and effective.
Homemade Cough and Sore Throat Remedy
- 4 tbsp high quality honey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cm fresh ginger, grated
- Pour the honey into a bowl.
- Add the onion and ginger.
- Leave the mixture in a closed container overnight.
- Remove onion and ginger before use.
Eat 1 teaspoon every few hours until symptoms vanish. Combined with lots of water, sleep and a tall box of tissues, that cold will be gone in no time!
How Does It Work?
Honey is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It eases coughs and coats sore throats (1).
Onions contain phenolics, flavonoids and quercetin which are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and possess antioxidant properties (2,3).
Ginger contains gingerol, a powerful anti-inflammatory compound (4).
- Make 7 Days Worth of Breakfast In Just One Day With This Easy Oatmeal Hack
Steal-cut oats usually take about 40 minutes to cook. Nobody wants to spend that kind of time first thing in the …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- 3-Ingredient Recipe Makes For a Powerful Drink That Promises To Detoxify And Energize The Body!
This easy-to-make beverage is perfect for having over breakfast, and contains ingredients that will aid in digestion, boost your immune …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- Enjoy The Benefits of Turmeric With This Golden Milk Tea Recipe (You’re Going To Love It!)
The healthful properties of turmeric and ginger are just now beginning to emerge in the West. Asian cultures have used …
- 5 Heart-Healthy Avocado Recipes That Will Supercharge Your Body
Avocados are a surprising food in that, although they are high in fat, they are actually helpful when trying to …
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Avocados
The avocado, which is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, boasts a wide array of health benefits. Rich in fiber, …
- Six Springy Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus season is drawing to its end in most parts of the country, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late …
- Here’s a Natural Pain Reliever Idea That Doesn’t Require Pills
Rosemary is a multifunctional herb which has been used for centuries in traditional medicines all around the world. It is …
- This Butter Pecan Cheesecake Will Make Your Holiday Dinner More Exciting
Dessert is like the punctuation to the perfect meal: during large family gatherings, it’s almost necessary. And while dessert isn’t …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- Creative and Better Ways to Eat Your ‘Trees’
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, flavonoids and cholesterol lowering nutrients makes broccoli quite a super food. However, sometimes …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …