Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by eating a well-balanced breakfast.
A smoothie is a great way to get all the nutrients you need without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Best of all, you can take it with you and drink it on the go!
Delicious and Nutritious Energy Shake
This vanilla smoothie is just amazing!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp hemp powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter or soaked almonds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups coconut milk (per consistency)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Raw organic honey (per taste)
- Place all ingredients together in a blender and pulse to perfection.
- Enjoy immediately!
Bananas are an amazing source of manganese, vitamin B6 and vitamin C (1). They also contain potassium, which reduces your risk of stroke, protects against muscle loss, preserves bone mineral density and prevents kidney stones (2).
This amazing fruit lowers blood pressure, fights asthma, destroys free radicals, prevents heart disease and stops diarrhea.
Tryptophan, an amino acid found in bananas, is proven to play a role in preserving memory and boosting mood (2).
Hemp Seeds are high in protein and heart-healthy minerals like magnesium and zinc (3).
Most plant sources of essential fatty acids only contain either the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and the omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). However, hemp contains both (4).
These fatty acids are important for skin health, tissue regeneration and organ repair. They also play a vital role in brain health (particularly when it comes memory and learning) and immune function (4).
Almonds are high in protein, vitamin E, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorous, copper and manganese (5).
When eating almonds, it’s always best to eat them whole, with the skin, which contains 20 powerful antioxidant flavonoids (6). These antioxidants and nutrients fight cancer, gallstones, high cholesterol, inflammation and diabetes.
Coconut Milk fights inflammation, ulcers and bad bacteria. It also prevents liver damage and supports mental health by protecting the body from the effects of depression and stress (7).
Furthermore, the milk supports weight loss by regulating cholesterol, boosting metabolism and regulating hunger (8).
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- Homemade Honey-Ginger Paste – The Most Effective Treatment for Sore Throat, Cold and Flu
This recipe for a throat-soothing paste is absolutely invaluable. Ginger and honey make this recipe not only soothing for your …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- Drink This Ancient Detox Tea To Cleanse The Liver, Boost Memory and Reduce Muscle Pain
There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …