Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by eating a well-balanced breakfast.
A smoothie is a great way to get all the nutrients you need without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Best of all, you can take it with you and drink it on the go!
Delicious and Nutritious Energy Shake
This vanilla smoothie is just amazing!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp hemp powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter or soaked almonds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups coconut milk (per consistency)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Raw organic honey (per taste)
- Place all ingredients together in a blender and pulse to perfection.
- Enjoy immediately!
Bananas are an amazing source of manganese, vitamin B6 and vitamin C (1). They also contain potassium, which reduces your risk of stroke, protects against muscle loss, preserves bone mineral density and prevents kidney stones (2).
This amazing fruit lowers blood pressure, fights asthma, destroys free radicals, prevents heart disease and stops diarrhea.
Tryptophan, an amino acid found in bananas, is proven to play a role in preserving memory and boosting mood (2).
Hemp Seeds are high in protein and heart-healthy minerals like magnesium and zinc (3).
Most plant sources of essential fatty acids only contain either the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and the omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). However, hemp contains both (4).
These fatty acids are important for skin health, tissue regeneration and organ repair. They also play a vital role in brain health (particularly when it comes memory and learning) and immune function (4).
Almonds are high in protein, vitamin E, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorous, copper and manganese (5).
When eating almonds, it’s always best to eat them whole, with the skin, which contains 20 powerful antioxidant flavonoids (6). These antioxidants and nutrients fight cancer, gallstones, high cholesterol, inflammation and diabetes.
Coconut Milk fights inflammation, ulcers and bad bacteria. It also prevents liver damage and supports mental health by protecting the body from the effects of depression and stress (7).
Furthermore, the milk supports weight loss by regulating cholesterol, boosting metabolism and regulating hunger (8).
- This Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie Is Both Tasty And a Powerful Tool In Your Weight Loss Arsenal
Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 5 Interesting Uses of Green Tea
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant properties that aid in a myriad of health benefits, including the classic …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 10 Recipes That Prove Being Vegan Doesn’t Have to Suck
Vegans and vegetarians have to be more cautious in ensuring that they meet their daily nutritional needs. The same could …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- He Fills An Ice Cube Tray With Fresh Herbs. The Reason? GENIUS!!
Do you ever wish you could use fresh herbs in all your cooking? We buy fresh dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- Raw Protein Balls Made With Cacao, Hemp, Chia and Flax Seeds (Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make!)
These protein balls not only taste great, but are high in protein, essential fats, and antioxidants – the perfect snack …