7. Add Plants and Fresh Flowers
Nature automatically uplifts and raises your vibration so bring it into your home whenever you can. Live plants and fresh flowers create a beautiful positive energy in any home.
The simple act of being in nature has been shown in studies to lift depression, improve your overall mental health and your general well-being.
A recent study by NASA scientists also found that having plants inside your home can help remove potentially harmful gases such as formaldehyde, Volatile Organic Compounds (benzene and trichloroethylene or TCE), airborne biological pollutants, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides, pesticides and disinfectants (phenols), as well as radon (19).
8. Give your Rooms a Colorful Facelift
We all have a favorite color but did you know that studies show that certain colors have higher vibrations than others (20)?
- Orange—Creates excitement and boosts your energy.
- Red—Red can raises the energy in a room drastically and it is known to increase adrenaline and circulation. Because of this, it can be far too stimulating for some spaces or even people as it can also invoke feelings of rage and hostility. It is definitely not a good choice for a bedroom where you want peace and tranquility.
- Green—Green is the easiest color for your eyes and it encourages a feeling of well-being, calm and growth.
- Yellow—This vibrant color is energizing and uplifting and creates joy (like being in the sunshine). It also stimulates happiness but like too much of a good thing, too much yellow can cause frustration and anger in some people.
- Blue—While blue can be calming, relaxing and serene like the ocean or water in general, it can also cause sadness in some people—the “blues.”
- Purple—Deep tones convey a sense of luxury, creativity and drama while lighter hues such as lavenders are more soothing.
9. Keep Healing Crystals
People have been using crystals for healing and raising energy and vibrations levels for thousands of years. In fact, amulets made of amber date back 30,000 years. The Sumerians used crystals in potions for healing and the Egyptians used stones for protection and health. On the other hand, Greeks used numerous crystals for their healing and protective properties. Many of the names of various stones today come from Greek words.
For instance, the word ‘crystal’ comes from the Greek word for ice, since the ancient Greeks believed clear quartz was permanently frozen water. The Chinese are also widely known for their use of jade in medicine.
Here are some of the most popular crystals to help raise the vibration and positive energy of your home (12):
- Clear Quartz Crystal—High vibration master crystal that brings clarity to your mind and soul and it clears, protects and expands the auric field around you and the energy of your home.
- Smoky quartz—Removes negative energy.
- Rose quartz— Opens and heals heart energy.
- Turquoise—The master healer regarded for its protective and ‘lucky’ properties.
- Bloodstone—Energizes, boosts enthusiasm and emotional wellbeing.
- Carnelian—Attracts good fortune and encourages creativity and motivation.
- Celestite—Reduces stress and encourages happiness.
- Aventurine—Brings new opportunities.
- Amethyst—High vibration crystal that promotes higher consciousness, calmness, serenity, and healing.
10. Remove Harmful Toxins
Toxic chemicals such as those found in household cleaners and paint can significantly impact your health. They can also lower the vibration of your home according to holistic healers. There are a number of effective natural cleaners you can buy as well as make on your own that can help you eliminate most of the harmful chemicals in your home. Your health and beauty and personal care products are another source of toxic chemicals.
Studies show that these chemicals are causing countless diseases including cancer. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has done a number of studies on the impact these chemicals are having on our health and environment (13). Start researching better alternatives and eventually eliminate as many of these as possible from your daily life.
11. Open Your Windows
It’s no surprise that a home that is lacking in fresh, clean air can be stuffy and unpleasant for the simple reason it is lacking in a fresh source of oxygen. By just opening up your windows once a day (even for a few minutes in the winter months) you can help release built-up toxins and help positive energy flow into your home.
Increasing the oxygen levels in your home can also increase the efficiency of almost all of the reactions in your body. You will soon see that everyone in the family is happier and healthier. You will even see that by doing just this one step every day, you will sleep more soundly and be rejuvenated when you awaken (14).
Bring positive energy into your life by clearing your negatives thoughts and refocusing your mind. Meditation will free you from stress and fear while also promoting relaxation and happiness.
As you increase your good vibrations, it will also affect your immediate environment. It’ll even improve your concentration, awareness, and self-acceptance and promote better heart health, immune function, and longevity.
13. Fill Your Home with Happy Memories
Invite your friends and family often in your home and create opportunities for new memories to be made. Let you home become a place where positive energy is multiplied and enjoyed by all!
Print out pictures from your favorite trips and moments. The same thing goes for the objects in your home: if it brings you happiness, keep it and display it!
Every few months go through your stuff and get rid of anything with neutral or unhappy connotations.
14. Cut Down on Electronics
Television and other screens can easily become distractions that make you unproductive. Most tv shows are also reeking with negativity. Watching too much tv is even linked to depression, anxiety, sleep problems, and loneliness (15,16).
Spending time in front of the screen is also a form of escapism that brings us further away from ourselves and our goals.
15. Light Candles
Nothing sets the mood quite like lighting a few candles. They can transform a drab bedroom into a relaxing oasis or a plain bathroom into a luxurious spa. Lighting a candle is a sure-fire way to boost the good vibrations in your home. Just make sure not to leave it unattended.
Most scented candles contain toxic chemicals like formaldehyde and “fragrance”. If you want a nice fragrance while your candle burns, opt for a beeswax candle infused with essential oils. Candle-powered oil diffusers also do the trick.
15. Create a Space for Relaxation
Your home should your ultimate sanctuary. Fill it with things that make your happy and don’t be afraid to decorate. Find a corner in your home just for yourself and spend a few minutes every day just enjoying the space.
Most importantly, every time you walk through the door, leave your worries outside.