Although everyone has different problem spots, one of the most common areas for excess fat is the belly. And everyone who’s ever had a little belly fat knows that although it’s the first place for fat to go, it’s also the hardest to get rid of.
Most of the traditional exercises that target your core don’t actually provide the results they promise. The best way to melt belly fat is actually to work out your whole body.
How To Plank
Planking works out your whole body, especially your core and back. This exercise improves posture, boosts metabolism and increases flexibility.
Add it to your exercise routine to prevent future injury, while strengthening your back.
- Go down to the floor on your hands and knees.
- Keep your neck straight with you head facing the ground.
- Make your hands bellow your shoulders and your knees bellow your hips.
- Step your feet back one at a time. Your toes should be firmly planted into the floor.
- For more stability, push your knee muscles towards the ceiling and spread your fingers wide.
- Tighten your glutes and core to keep your back straight.Resist the urge to lower your hips.
- Keep your arms and legs tight.
- Make sure to distribute the weight of your body evenly throughout your body.
- Breathe deeply and hold the position 20-60 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times a day for best results.
If it’s too difficult, drop down to your knees, keeping your legs closer together and crossing one leg over the other.
You can also modify your plank by lowering yourself down by bending your arms in a 90° angle so that your elbows and forearms are touching the ground.
- One Simple Exercise To Help Strengthen The Core and Lower Body
Okay, today you’re going to learn how to reverse plank. One of the first places you gain weight is typically …
- Eliminate Back Fat and Underarm Flab With 4 Quick Exercises
Fat doesn’t go where you want it to. While most fitness regimes focus on fighting extra pounds around your tummy …
- 4 Awesome Exercises For Your Glutes That Aren’t Squats
Do you often suffer from sore shoulders or a sore lower back ? Do your hips feel tight and get …
- 40 Easy Home Exercises For Every Part Of Your Body
It’s important to love your body, but it’s also important to take care of it. So why not learn about …