Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on it’s own, to help ease lung inflammation and sooth symptoms associated with bronchitis, pneumonia, and other respiratory ailments.
Pine needle syrup has a fresh, minty taste, and more importantly is all-natural and easy to make at home.
Try this remedy the next time you find yourself coughing; pine needles have many health benefits, so why not make them work for you?
You’ll have no trouble preparing this basic recipe, and the effects are well worth it.
Pine Needle Syrup Recipe
- 1/4 cup foraged pine needles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or raw honey
- Boil the water and pine needles for 7-10 minutes, or until the water changes color and the needles have browned
- Strain the needles from the boiling water.
- Combine honey and pine water in the same saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil until the honey and pine water have created a syrupy consistency.
- Pour into a pint jar and let cool.
- Refrigerate in between uses.
Why It Works
Pine needles are often used in tea for their anti-inflammatory benefits. But that’s not all they’re good for!
Honey is also known for it’s throat-soothing qualities, and is widely used as an effective cough suppressant.
Combining the anti-inflammatory properties of pine needles with the cough suppressant abilities of honey makes an effective remedy for combating cold and flu symptoms, as well as other respiratory illnesses.
It’s just that simple!
Use this syrup in tea, hot water, or use it when using the steam remedy for clearing your sinuses and lungs. The uses for this syrup are endless, and the health benefits are very real. So next time you’re struggling with a cough, use this simple home remedy instead of turning to expensive cough syrups.
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Try This Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie With Ginger, Coconut Oil and Green Tea
Chronic inflammation in the body leads to advanced aging and disease. It can be caused by many different factors including …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …