Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on it’s own, to help ease lung inflammation and sooth symptoms associated with bronchitis, pneumonia, and other respiratory ailments.
Pine needle syrup has a fresh, minty taste, and more importantly is all-natural and easy to make at home.
Try this remedy the next time you find yourself coughing; pine needles have many health benefits, so why not make them work for you?
You’ll have no trouble preparing this basic recipe, and the effects are well worth it.
Pine Needle Syrup Recipe
- 1/4 cup foraged pine needles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or raw honey
- Boil the water and pine needles for 7-10 minutes, or until the water changes color and the needles have browned
- Strain the needles from the boiling water.
- Combine honey and pine water in the same saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil until the honey and pine water have created a syrupy consistency.
- Pour into a pint jar and let cool.
- Refrigerate in between uses.
Why It Works
Pine needles are often used in tea for their anti-inflammatory benefits. But that’s not all they’re good for!
Honey is also known for it’s throat-soothing qualities, and is widely used as an effective cough suppressant.
Combining the anti-inflammatory properties of pine needles with the cough suppressant abilities of honey makes an effective remedy for combating cold and flu symptoms, as well as other respiratory illnesses.
It’s just that simple!
Use this syrup in tea, hot water, or use it when using the steam remedy for clearing your sinuses and lungs. The uses for this syrup are endless, and the health benefits are very real. So next time you’re struggling with a cough, use this simple home remedy instead of turning to expensive cough syrups.
- Infuse Your Honey With Ginger In 20 Minutes For A Quick Immune System Boost
With winter just around the corner, most people are dreading the advent of cold season. Aside from staying warm and …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Homemade Honey-Ginger Paste – The Most Effective Treatment for Sore Throat, Cold and Flu
This recipe for a throat-soothing paste is absolutely invaluable. Ginger and honey make this recipe not only soothing for your …
- This Ravioli Recipe Combines 2 Superfoods For a Supercharged Meal Loaded With Antioxidants
The simplicity of this recipe may not be as obvious as it is; making your own pasta can sound daunting, …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief. It is often referred to as heartburn because …
- The Turmeric-Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe That Fights Inflammation And Cancer With Every Bite
Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list. …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …