Steal-cut oats usually take about 40 minutes to cook.
Nobody wants to spend that kind of time first thing in the morning.
This hack will transform your mornings.
Just make this recipe on the weekend and enjoy quick, healthy breakfast all week long! Best of all, they’ll have the same consistency as a fresh batch.
Frozen Oatmeal Hack Recipe
Makes 7 days worth of breakfast if you use 3 oatmeal “muffins” per serving.
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups steel-cut oats
- 7 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat salted water until it boils. Add oats and stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, add toppings and stir. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins
- Pour in oatmeal and freeze for 5 hours or more.
- Remove pan from freezer and thaw for a few minutes.
- Using a butterknife, prop out the oatmeal and place in a freezer bag.
- Keep frozen for future use.
- In the morning, place 2-3 in a saucepan with a bit of water to heat up.
- Add any toppings you’d like (banana, blueberries, walnuts or pecans)
Note: You can also choose to put them in a bowl and into a microwave for 2-3 minutes if you’re really short on time.
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- This Spiced Coffee Recipe Is a Complete Meal All On Its Own And Will Last You a Week
Many people rely on caffeine to get them going in the morning, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, coffee …
- How to Make Medicinal Pickled Turmeric
This recipe for pickled turmeric promises to reduce inflammation & promote wellness. But before we begin, let’s take a quick …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- This Insanely Delicious Cauliflower Recipe Mixes 7 Powerful Spices To Supercharge Your Body
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for …
- He Fills An Ice Cube Tray With Fresh Herbs. The Reason? GENIUS!!
Do you ever wish you could use fresh herbs in all your cooking? We buy fresh dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 10 Easy Juicing Recipes For Cleansing The Body of Toxins
Modern unhealthy diets and polluted environment cause toxins to build up in our bodies, which is why a detoxification program …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- 5 Soup Recipes To Warm The Bones
Winter is officially upon us, and with it, frigid temperatures are making their appearance across the nation. There is nothing …
- Prepare Healthy and Delicious Pineapple Popsicles Using Only 3 Ingredients
If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, you may be familiar with the Dole whip – a frozen desert featuring pineapple …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …