Most stiff necks occur from sleeping in an awkward position.
It can also be caused by improper posture.
Neck stiffness is actually quite annoying: pain and discomfort can easily spread to the shoulders and upper or lower back, severely limiting head mobility.
Forget over-the-counter pain relievers, all you need to do is follow these steps:
90-Second Relief Technique For a Stiff Neck
How To Loosen A Stiff Neck
Part 1: Cross Fiber Massage
- Identify which side of your neck is causing you pain.
- Take the hand on the opposite side of your body from your pain, and go find the spot in your neck that hurts.
- As you push into that spot with your fingers, turn your neck towards your hand as far as you can.
- Pull the muscles that hurt you towards the center of your neck in a diagonal motion.
Part 2: Neck Stretch
- Take your same hand and place it on top of your head.
- Turn your head and shoulders at a 45-degree angle.
- Pull your head towards the shoulder furthest from your pain and hold for 15-20 seconds.
- Pull more and hold again.
- Using the same stretch, place your shoulders straight and pull again.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
Part 3: Knuckle Massage
- Use your hand on the same side as your neck pain.
- Make a fist and let your knuckles sink into your neck.
- Let your neck rest on your knuckles.
- Adjust knuckles a little higher and repeat.
- Adjust knuckles a little lower and repeat.
The earlier you can make corrective changes to the muscle, the quicker the recovery!
- 3 Mineral Waters That Can Remove Aluminum From The Brain
Aluminum is everywhere : from tap water to most food products (including baby formula) and cookware to even the air …
- She Holds Coconut Oil In Her Mouth For 20 Minutes Every Day…The Effects Are Incredible!
Keeping your mouth healthy and teeth whiter just got a lot easier. All you have to start doing is add this …
- Revolutionary Diabetes Cure: Human Trial Set To Begin In 2015
Researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham have found verapamil, a blood pressure medication, can be effective in reversing …
- Over 2,000 Studies Confirm TOXIC Effects of EMF From Cell Phones and Household Appliances
All electrical appliances and wiring in your home emit EMFs: Electrical Magnetic Fields. Electromagnetic Radiation is a form of energy …
- The Truth About what Really Causes Cellulite and How to Help Get Rid of it Forever
There’s nothing as discouraging slipping into your favorite dress, looking in the mirror, and seeing cellulite. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate and …
- This Is What It Means To Season Your Cast Iron Pans With Coconut Oil
While ceramic and glass cookware have been popular for a while, old-fashioned cast iron cookware is coming back into style. These …
- Historical Facts Behind Cancer Fighting Drugs Will Shock You
Some cancer drugs have been around since the 1940’s. Even back then these drugs were administered to patients with cancer, …
- The Healthiest Ice Cream You’ll Ever Have – Turmeric And Coconut
Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts enjoyed in the United States. In the last few years, food …
- Aldi Bans Neonicotinoids, Goes Organic, Rivals Whole Foods As Healthiest Grocery Store
Aldi is one of the largest grocery retailers in the world with stores in 18 countries. Founded in Germany in …
- This Immunologist is a Strong Believer in “The Power of Dirt.” Why? Get Ready to be Mind Blown!
It’s time to put to rest the popular myth that disease is a factor primarily of chance, spurred on by …
- This Little-Known Fact Is The Real Reason Why Wheat Is Toxic (And It’s NOT The Gluten…)
Wheat is quickly becoming a vicious allergen. You probably know someone who’s gluten intolerant, seeing as it’s one of the …
- This Awesome Biodegradable Urn Will Turn You Into a Tree After You Die
The cycle of life is no better encapsulated than in a new product that combines the cremated ashes of a …
- 10 Signs That You Aren’t Taking Care of Yourself
Attaining inner peace is perhaps one of life’s greatest challenges. As social creatures, we depend on others to survive and …
- Sugar Identified as a Top Cause of The Global Cancer Epidemic
Nearly every processed food (which accounts for ninety percent of what Americans eat) includes added sugar or artificial sweetener in …
- They Put Cameras In a Retirement Home. What They Saw Next Surprised Everyone…
Alzheimer’s is a terrible disease that affects millions of Americans and their loved ones. Alive Inside is a joyous cinematic …