Most stiff necks occur from sleeping in an awkward position.
It can also be caused by improper posture.
Neck stiffness is actually quite annoying: pain and discomfort can easily spread to the shoulders and upper or lower back, severely limiting head mobility.
Forget over-the-counter pain relievers, all you need to do is follow these steps:
90-Second Relief Technique For a Stiff Neck
How To Loosen A Stiff Neck
Part 1: Cross Fiber Massage
- Identify which side of your neck is causing you pain.
- Take the hand on the opposite side of your body from your pain, and go find the spot in your neck that hurts.
- As you push into that spot with your fingers, turn your neck towards your hand as far as you can.
- Pull the muscles that hurt you towards the center of your neck in a diagonal motion.
Part 2: Neck Stretch
- Take your same hand and place it on top of your head.
- Turn your head and shoulders at a 45-degree angle.
- Pull your head towards the shoulder furthest from your pain and hold for 15-20 seconds.
- Pull more and hold again.
- Using the same stretch, place your shoulders straight and pull again.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
Part 3: Knuckle Massage
- Use your hand on the same side as your neck pain.
- Make a fist and let your knuckles sink into your neck.
- Let your neck rest on your knuckles.
- Adjust knuckles a little higher and repeat.
- Adjust knuckles a little lower and repeat.
The earlier you can make corrective changes to the muscle, the quicker the recovery!
- The ‘No Poo’ Experiment, Six Months Later Without Shampoo
“No Poo” is a nickname for going shampoo free… Everyone has a different experience when ditching shampoo. Here is Amber’s …
- 18 Surprisingly Effective Gardening Tricks That Keep Away Pests, Fight Disease And Improve Your Soil
Buying organic food all the time can quickly get expensive, so why not grow your own natural produce at home? …
- Alkaline Eating: Tips and Tricks To Lose Weight, Fight Inflammation and Prevent Cancer
You might have noticed that eating too many sweets or drinking too much coffee can leave you feeling tired, fat …
- 7 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
Are you part of the nearly 20% of the U.S. population who suffers from dandruff? While having dandruff certainly is …
- How To Recognize Skin Cancer – This Could Save Your Life
Melanoma poses the most serious threat over all forms of cancer. The American Cancer Society has predicted that there will …
- The Worst 5 Phones To Carry On You If You Want To Avoid Cancer
Cell phones do a great job at connecting people. The problem is, they may be slowly poisoning us with every call …
- This 3-Ingredient Natural Recipe Will Make Your Facial Hair Disappear!
As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies. While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and …
- Study: Drinking Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer to you and me, could have its chances of developing …
- 5 Tips On How To Prevent Workplace Stress From Aging You Faster
Chronic stress is bad for you – by now, this shouldn’t be a surprising statement. Chronic stress is linked to …
- Revitalize Dry, Brittle Hair With Castor and Coconut Oil By Using Both at Once Like THIS
There’s nothing like dry air to make your hair unmanageable and frizzy. Although some people try to combat static and …
- Yikes! This Medical Condition Can Cut Your Life Short by as Much as 8 Years
Researchers say extremely obese people can expect to die about eight years earlier than healthier people. The study, conducted by …
- Simple Recipe To Make Your Own Non-Toxic Bug Repellent!
There’s nothing like a few mosquito bites to ruin your day outside. Not only are bites itchy and annoying, they …
- When You Experience a Food Coma, Your Body Is Trying To Tell You Something Important
Most of us have experienced the feeling of a “food coma” – that feeling of heaviness and fatigue that comes …
- Add 1 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar To Your Next Bath To Quickly Detox Your Body
Everyone enjoys a good bath after a long day’s work. It’s relaxing and helps relieve tension throughout the whole body. Taking …
- Molecular Biologist Explains How THC Kills Cancer Completely
From Compultense University in Madrid, Spain, Dr. Christina Sanchez has been studying the anti-tumor effects of THC, the main psychoactive …