Losing weight without hunger. Challenging, but doable. You can lose weight without even changing your caloric intake if you choose to. However, it will go faster if you have a calorie deficit and exercise three times a week.
So how do we lose weight by not changing calories? We change the types of calories we eat. By eating healthier types of food you will be able to naturally increase your satiety, which will cause you to eat less without even knowing it. Best of all, you’ll even get a day per week where you can go nuts and eat whatever you want.
1. Calculate a Manageable Caloric Deficit
The first thing we need to do is limit calories. I know I said that you don’t need to do that—and you don’t—but doing so will speed things up and you probably won’t even notice.
Go online and find a BMR calculator—that stands for basal metabolic rate. You’ll enter your height, age, and weight. The calculator will show you the amount of calories you need to function each day if you do nothing.
There should also be a section where you choose the level of activity you do daily. Pick one, and it will tell you the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. Now that we have these numbers we need to choose a deficit.
For example, if you require 2400 calories a day to function at your chosen activity level, then knock off the amount of calories you think will create a deficit that you can manage, let’s say, 300.
2. Change Your Macronutrients
Now that we have our deficit, it’s time to change our macronutrients. If you’re looking to lose weight, chances are that your carb intake is too high.
Basically, what you want to do is replace most of your carbohydrate calories with protein calories. Hang on to about 200 calories worth of carbs. Staying below that number will allow your body to enter ketosis, which will really jumpstart fat burning.
Now that your protein intake has increased you will benefit from added muscle—which burns fat—and thermogenesis will increase.
As for eating fat, don’t be afraid of it. With the absence of carbs your body will need a new fuel to burn; fat. When choosing what fat to eat, choose good ones.
Things like olive, coconut, hemp, and red palm oils—always going unrefined and organic if possible. Saturated fats from grass-fed butter and cows, pastured pigs and chickens, and wild game will be the highest quality sources.
3. Workout Three Times Per Week
Lastly, workout. Join a gym and go three times a week; with a day in between sessions. You’ll want to involve weight training and both high and low intensity cardio routines.
For your weight training you’ll want to focus on compound lifts using low reps to maximize your sessions. We’re talking about squats, deadlifts, bench presses, shoulder presses, and barbell rows.
These exercises will trigger hormonal responses to spur weight loss. For your high intensity cardio, just sprint for 10 seconds, wait a minute, and sprint again for 10 seconds; repeat 7 times total. Do that once a week. Simple, right?
And for the low intensity cardio, just try to walk for 30 – 40 minutes a day, you can break that up too. As a bonus, the weight training and high intensity cardio will elevate your metabolism for a period of up to 48 hours post workout. And that’s it. Yes, it’s that simple. Stick with it, and you will see results.
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846864/
-  http://yadeeya.com/increase_testosterone_naturally/print/278/boostgrowthhormone/testosterone-squats-Compound-exercises-increase-testosterone.html
- 18 Medicinal Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is the sweet smelling herb with blue-violet flowers that many of us will associate with our grandmothers and childhood. …
- What You Need to Know Before You Reuse That Plastic Water Bottle
In an effort to be responsible and thrifty, you may reuse a plastic water bottle over and over gain. Why …
- 4 Shocking Mammogram Facts You Don’t Know But Should
Doctors often recommend an annual mammogram. It’s supposedly one of the best ways to prevent breast cancer. However, in a recent …
- This Little-Known Fact Is The Real Reason Why Wheat Is Toxic (And It’s NOT The Gluten…)
Wheat is quickly becoming a vicious allergen. You probably know someone who’s gluten intolerant, seeing as it’s one of the …
- DON’T Do This at The Grocery Store (Automatically Adds More Calories)
Have you ever shopped for food hungry? Many people think that shopping while hungry influences your food purchasing decisions. It’s …
- Chamomile Essential Oil Shown to Kill up to 93 Percent of Breast Cancer Cells, Study Finds
They’ve gained considerable notoriety in recent years for their myriad uses in both aromatherapy and integrative medicine. But did you …
- 5 Easy Steps to Improve Gut Health And Kill Hidden Bad Bugs That Make You Sick
As modern medicine evolves, we learn more and more about our bodies and the vast number of ways various parts …
- E-Cigarettes Are 95% Less Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes But They Still Contain Harmful Carcinogens
E-cigarettes, while less toxic than they’re non-electronic counterparts, are not nearly as harmless as advertised. A recent Centers for Disease …
- 10 Most Overlooked Causes of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that causes widespread aching, stiffness and burning pain that spreads to other local areas of …
- 15 Genius Tricks To Keep Your Fruits And Vegetables Fresh And Delicious
There is nothing more frustrating than watching your once fresh and vibrant fruits and veggies dry up or rot before …
- Research Suggests Childhood Cancer Linked to Highway Pollution
At the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research this past week, researchers presented data suggesting childhood health …
- Older People Sleep Less. Now We Know Why.
Often as people age their sleep patterns change and they spend much less time asleep. We may know this from …
- 5 Surprising Reasons to Take Cold Showers
Showering under hot water is a complete luxury and not at all necessary for good health. Whereas cold showers on …
- 5 Painful Ways Excess Abdominal Fat Is Robbing You of Your Health
“1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.” By now, most of us are well aware of the health risks that are associated with …
- Salt, Pepper and Lemon Can Solve These 9 Problems Better Than Any Medicine
Salt, lemon and pepper may seem more like things you’d put on a salad, but these three ingredients actually work …