Everyone – especially kids – loves gummy snacks like fruit roll-ups and Gushers, but many parents struggle with finding healthy alternatives to these sugary treats, which are often loaded with preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, and other artificial ingredients.
These all-natural anti-inflammatory gummy snacks are easy to make at home, and contain natural anti-inflammatory ingredients, making them a great choice for people suffering from conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and joint pain.
Anti-Inflammatory Gummy Snack Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed citrus juice, such as orange or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all natural cherry fruit juice
- 4 tbsp gelatin
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated turmeric
- Whisk together the citrus juice, fruit juice and gelatin until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the liquid in a small saucepan over low heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in honey, ginger and turmeric.
- Pour the mixture into candy molds, a silicone tray, or a casserole dish and refrigerate until it’s set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut the gummy snacks into bite-sized squares and serve cold or at room temperature.
See also: anti inflammatory foods
How It Works
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, with much clinical research to back up it’s use in treating chronic pain and inflammation conditions like arthritis. It’s also quite safe to consume in large amounts.
Ginger also has a broad range of anti-inflammatory actions; there is strong evidence that ginger moderates the biochemical pathways activated in chronic inflammation.
In addition to being the ingredient that makes these gummy snacks gummy, gelatin is used in anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofine to improve the delivery of the medicine within the body.
And last but not least, cherry fruit juice is well-known for its anti-inflammatory benefits as well as sleep inducing effects.
- Easy And Effective Yoga Stretches For Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief
If you’ve ever had numbness, pain and weakness starting in your lower back and traveling down the sciatic nerve in …
- Stress, Depression And Anxiety Are All Alleviated By Probiotics
While depression was long characterized as “chemical imbalance” in the brain, scientists have since found out that it’s much more complicated …
- Walking 3 Times a Week For 1 Hour Improves Brain Activity and Cognitive Thinking In Dementia Patients
Regular diet and exercise are encouraged for anyone, no matter their age or health. But a recent study found that …
- Detox Your Liver by Juicing These 5 Foods
Your first line of defence against toxins is your liver! Cleansing the liver helps it produce better, more efficient bile, which …
- Cancer Diagnosis Spurs 90-Year-Old Traveler To Take The Trip Of A Lifetime
Guts, grace, dignity, and humor—that’s how we all want to be remembered for after this life. Here’s the story of …
- Bad News for Your Brain: Artificially Sweetened Drinks Increase Risk of Stroke and Dementia
By now we should all know the dangers of consuming too much sugar. Among other things, it can lead to …
- 6 Different Flavored At-Home Flu Shots
Flu season is around the corner, so what better time to ensure that everyone in your family has a strong …
- High-Fiber Diet Protects Against Knee Osteoarthritis! Here’s How Much You Should Eat Per Day…
Research published in a new edition of the Annals of Rheumatic Disease showed that individuals who ate high fiber diets …
- The Hidden Cause of Depression, Alzheimer’s and Memory Loss Could Be Rooted In Brain Inflammation
Depression is a debilitating condition suffered by 121 million people worldwide. (1) The rate of depression cases diagnosed has been …
- How Losing Your Job can Lead to a Heart Attack
Losing a job can dampen your spirit. Whether you’re laid-off or fired, being in the ranks of the jobless can make …
- 20 Natural Migraine Remedies That Really Work
A migraine is more than a headache; it is a painful, debilitating experience. Most people who suffer migraine headaches get …
- Colon Cleanse: 3-Ingredient Juice To Effectively Flush Out Pounds of Toxins From Your Body!
Digestive issues typically involve the stomach and intestines, but there’s one important part of your digestive tract that’s too often …
- Some Cancers Heavily Dependent on Sugar to Grow, Study Finds
While studying the metabolisms of different types of cancer, researchers at the University of Texas in Dallas discovered that certain …
- 6 Steps To Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a disease that many fear developing later in life because it can come with little warning and does …
- Cancer Tumours Destroyed By Berry Found In Queensland Rainforest
Nature is the biggest source of inspiration for all of humanity’s greatest achievements. So it’s not surprising that researchers have …