Everyone – especially kids – loves gummy snacks like fruit roll-ups and Gushers, but many parents struggle with finding healthy alternatives to these sugary treats, which are often loaded with preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, and other artificial ingredients.
These all-natural anti-inflammatory gummy snacks are easy to make at home, and contain natural anti-inflammatory ingredients, making them a great choice for people suffering from conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and joint pain.
Anti-Inflammatory Gummy Snack Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed citrus juice, such as orange or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all natural cherry fruit juice
- 4 tbsp gelatin
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated turmeric
- Whisk together the citrus juice, fruit juice and gelatin until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the liquid in a small saucepan over low heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in honey, ginger and turmeric.
- Pour the mixture into candy molds, a silicone tray, or a casserole dish and refrigerate until it’s set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut the gummy snacks into bite-sized squares and serve cold or at room temperature.
See also: anti inflammatory foods
How It Works
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, with much clinical research to back up it’s use in treating chronic pain and inflammation conditions like arthritis. It’s also quite safe to consume in large amounts.
Ginger also has a broad range of anti-inflammatory actions; there is strong evidence that ginger moderates the biochemical pathways activated in chronic inflammation.
In addition to being the ingredient that makes these gummy snacks gummy, gelatin is used in anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofine to improve the delivery of the medicine within the body.
And last but not least, cherry fruit juice is well-known for its anti-inflammatory benefits as well as sleep inducing effects.
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- 5 Worst Foods For Arthritis & Joint Pain
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- A Deficiency In This Vitamin Can Cause You Agonizing Back and Joint Pain
According to the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: “Worldwide, an estimated 1 billion people have inadequate levels of …
- Study Shows Superior Results For Curcumin Treatment in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis
Turmeric, the bright orange cousin of ginger, has graduated from a colorful spice in Indian cuisine, to a widely recognized …
- People Go Crazy For This Recipe! It Heals Knee, Bone and Joint Pain
Like any machine, over time our bodies wear down. Joints are especially susceptible to wear and tear because of the …
- Got Knee Pain? Try This Cinnamon-Pineapple Smoothie To Nourish Your Joints And Fight Inflammation
Your knees keep you mobile and strong throughout your life. They’re also one of the first areas of your body …
- The Ultimate Ginger-Turmeric-Carrot Juice To Replace Your Pain And Inflammation Meds
Anyone suffering from arthritis understands how much the condition can make everyday life difficult. When it’s experienced in the knees …
- 9 Arthritis-Friendly Foods To Help Manage Chronic Inflammation and Pain
Arthritis is a family of musculoskeletal disorders that consists of more than 100 different conditions, affecting people of all ages, …
- How To Make a Ginger Compress To Quickly Relieve Pain Caused by Inflammation
Osteoartritis, the most common form of arthritis, affects millions of people all over the world (1). The condition causes pain …
- Gelatin An Unexpected And Effective Remedy For Joint Pain
Many people suffer from joint pain, whether from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, injury, uric acid crystals, years of normal wear …
- Eating Sesame Seeds Is Superior To Tylenol For Knee Arthritis
A remarkable new study published in the International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases confirms that food is not only medicine, but …
- 23 Best Yoga Poses for Neck Pain
According to recent estimates, somewhere around 10% adults are experiencing neck pain at any given time. (1) As much as 50% of …
- Turmeric Treats Arthritis Knee Pain Better Than Ibuprofen
The healing powers of turmeric are impressive. Many studies have already demonstrated how the spice can help fight fatty liver …
- Say Goodbye To Pain In Your Joints, Legs and Spine With This Proven Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
Unfortunately, it’s common for older adults to feel pain in the back, knees, legs and ankles. This is especially true …
- 11 Worst Knee Pain Causes That Can’t Be Ignored
Knee pain is an extremely common ailment, with pain levels ranging from mildly annoying to severe and debilitating. Knee pain …