Trying to navigate your way through the flu season can be quite the challenge. Especially, if you’re taking public transit. And if you’re not very much interested in over the counter cold/flu medication or antibiotic prescriptions, you should give this recipe a try and here’s why.
Ingredient #1 – Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a very potent type of honey from New Zealand that has actually been approved by the FDA in 2007 for use as a medical treatment in wound and burn care.
Compared to other types of honey, Manuka has an extra ingredient with antimicrobial qualities which can effectively eradicate several hundreds of clinical strains of bacteria, including more resistant varieties such as: MRSA (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus), MSSA (methicillin sensitive Staphylococcus aureus), VRE (vancomycin-resistant enterococci) and Helicobacter Pylori (which can cause stomach ulcers).
Raw, unprocessed honey is far superior to the regular amber color, clear filtered honey most of us are familiar with. It contains little flecks of nutrient-rich ingredients such as pollen and propolis particles that are supercharged with enzymes and antioxidant compounds.
Propolis is one of the most broad-spectrum antimicrobial compounds in the world and the richest source of caffeic acid and apigenin, supporting and strengthening the immune system.
Ingredient #2 – Oil of Oregano
As for oil of oregano, its health benefits and medicinal properties were first understood and appreciated by the ancient Greeks.
Hippocrates, the father of the western medicine, often used oregano as an antiseptic, as well as a cure for stomach and respiratory infections.
Oil of oregano, is still used today in Greece as a natural remedy for sore throat and a primary go-to remedy due to its “anti-everything” properties.
Here are a few of the many scientifically researched and proven benefits of the oregano oil:
Immune system booster: many times stronger than echinacea or goldenseal.
Antiviral: very potent against colds, flu, shingles, herpes and warts, especially taken at the first sign of symptoms.
Food Poisoning: antibiotic resistant bacteria and food borne pathogens such as Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella and E. coli.
Anti-allergy: can often help eliminated allergy symptoms by breathing the vapors from the heated oil.
Antifungal: the aggressive against stubborn fungal infections such as candida, nail fungus and athlete’s foot. Add a few drops with shampoo to get rid of dandruff or seborrhea.
Antiparasitic: a few drops of oil can be added to soaps, shampoos or diluted in olive oil for topical applications against head lice and scabies and internal parasites such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Antivenom: invaluable first aid treatment in neutralizing all varieties of venomous bites/stings such as bees, snakes and spiders.
Anti-pleomorphism : lethal to all types of pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and fungi no matter whatever form they assume.as they mutate into different strains making it a very efficient natural disinfectant and sanitizer.
Antioxidant: one of the most powerful natural antioxidants that protects cells from free radical damage and in the same way it prolongs the shelf life of foods; oregano has 12 times more antioxidant activity than than oranges and 4 times more than blueberries.
Powerful antibiotic and antiseptic: used for daily dental hygiene, or to reduce inflammation and pain associated with tooth/gum infection, and other chronic infections such as animal bites and puncture wounds)
Anti-inflammatory and pain-reliever: active person’s best friend: brings relief and speeds healing of bruises, torn and sore muscles, sprains, tendonitis, cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome and other similar injuries. These same properties make it a powerful remedy for arthritis.
Blood Oxygen Booster: helps deliver oxygen to blood cells relieving symptoms of fatigue while promoting increase in energy.
Below is a very potent remedy and can be taken anytime as an immune system boost or at the first symptoms of cold or flu!
Cold and Flu Remedy
- 1 inch piece fresh organic ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 TBSP raw Manuka honey or raw, unfiltered organic honey
- Propolis tincture
- 6-8 drops wild crafted non-GMO oil of oregano
- Add the ginger slices and to a glass teapot or stainless steel tea kettle and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger from water and discard.
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add add to the water, add the Manuka honey and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour in tea mugs to serve with a slice of lemon.
- Add 3-4 drops oil of oregano to each mug.
Makes 2 servings.
It is important to recognize that, although your cold or flu symptoms are due to a virus infection, this is not the real cause of your illness. The real cause is an impaired immune system that makes you far more susceptible to catching colds, flu, and other respiratory infections.
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- How To Make a Simple Remineralizing Toothpaste At Home
With so many commercially available toothpastes on the market, why make your own? Aside from the satisfaction of knowing exactly …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- Pack In Protein With These Chickpea Recipes
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a super versatile, low fat, and high fiber protein source rich in important minerals like phosphorus …
- 13 Delicious Ways to Make Homemade Hummus (Recipes Included)
Hummus is a great dish and its main ingredient, chickpeas, offer a plethora of health benefits. They’re an excellent source …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- This Butter Pecan Cheesecake Will Make Your Holiday Dinner More Exciting
Dessert is like the punctuation to the perfect meal: during large family gatherings, it’s almost necessary. And while dessert isn’t …
- Try This Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie With Ginger, Coconut Oil and Green Tea
Chronic inflammation in the body leads to advanced aging and disease. It can be caused by many different factors including …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …