If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure to see & save this smoothie recipe.
As with almost all smoothies, use the measurements as a reference and feel free to riff from there! If mango is too sweet for you, substitute with strawberries. Or if you love something tart in the AM, throw in a handful of frozen cranberries (the secret to a super-fresh-tasting smoothie!).
- 1.5 cups raw kale, chopped
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 bunch mint, for garnish (add a few leaves before blending if you like)
- First, add the chia seeds to the coconut water to soak (2 min).
- Add bananas, kale, and mango to your blender.
- Squeeze about a teaspoon of lemon juice into the blender.
- Add chia seed/coconut water mix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a few mint leaves as garnish, and enjoy!
Adaptation of a recipe from LaurenConrad.com
- Vitamin C Can Kill Almost Every Virus Known to Mankind
There are good reasons why vitamin C is added to many products and why that’s often a selling point: a …
- 5 Foods That Affect Thyroid Health For The Better or Worse
(originally written by Elizabeth Walling) Food heals. And when it comes to foods for your thyroid, it’s all the more true. …
- Eating ONE Teaspoon of Ginger Every Day Improves 8 Markers of Diabetes
Ginger is well-known as a powerful digestive aid, anti-nausea agent, and even an anti-inflammatory (1) – but a new study …
- 2 Tablespoons a Day and Goodbye Belly Fat. This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat Immediately
When was the last time you had a fat burning drink to get rid of all that belly fat? Belly …
- Moist and Chocolatey Zucchini Loaf Recipe with Apple Cider Vinegar and Maple Syrup
Eating baked goods satisfies a craving that no other food does: something sweet to accompany your coffee or provide the …
- Ginger Lemon Tea Recipe To Detox Your Body And Get Rid of Bloating
In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1). In addition …
- Sugar Addiction Kills More People Than Illegal Drugs
Calling All Sugar-Fiends! Did you know that little white stuff you sprinkle into your coffee, that’s hidden in your granola …
- The 9 Most Overrated Health Foods
There are plenty of “superfoods” out there that are supposedly the healthiest things you can possibly eat… but not all …
- 7 Reasons to Stop Eating This Highly Processed Seafood
Those imitation crab sticks (surimi) wrapped in packages in the fish cooler at the supermarket are very tempting: they look …
- Avocados Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Heart Disease
Avocados have been dubbed a superfood and justifiably so. For a period of time they were thought to be unhealthy …
- Can You Burn Calories And Fat By Drinking Coffee
Have you ever thought, while sweating away on the treadmill or the stair climber, that it might be nice to …
- Tropical Fruit Destroys Cancer Cells With ‘Lethal Precision’
The leaf of the Peruvian Graviola tree was discovered nearly 25 years ago as a wonderful way to prohibit abnormal …
- Reforming Picky Eaters: Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier
If your kids are ridiculously picky eaters, you’re not alone. The trick to getting your kids to eat healthy food …
- 4-Ingredient Recipe Will Supercharge Your Immune System Like No Other
One criticism often received by recipes involving cooked onions, garlic and other alliums is that the heating process destroys much …
- 20 Ingredients To Memorize and Avoid In ANY Food You Consume Because They’re Just That Bad!
Artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, emulsifiers, sweeteners have saturated the food supply for more than four decades. We are on the …