If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure to see & save this smoothie recipe.
As with almost all smoothies, use the measurements as a reference and feel free to riff from there! If mango is too sweet for you, substitute with strawberries.
Or if you love something tart in the AM, throw in a handful of frozen cranberries (the secret to a super-fresh-tasting smoothie!).
- 1.5 cups raw kale, chopped
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 bunch mint, for garnish (add a few leaves before blending if you like)
- First, add the chia seeds to the coconut water to soak (2 min).
- Add bananas, kale, and mango to your blender.
- Squeeze about a teaspoon of lemon juice into the blender.
- Add chia seed/coconut water mix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a few mint leaves as garnish, and enjoy!
Adaptation of a recipe from LaurenConrad.com