If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure to see & save this smoothie recipe.
As with almost all smoothies, use the measurements as a reference and feel free to riff from there! If mango is too sweet for you, substitute with strawberries. Or if you love something tart in the AM, throw in a handful of frozen cranberries (the secret to a super-fresh-tasting smoothie!).
- 1.5 cups raw kale, chopped
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 bunch mint, for garnish (add a few leaves before blending if you like)
- First, add the chia seeds to the coconut water to soak (2 min).
- Add bananas, kale, and mango to your blender.
- Squeeze about a teaspoon of lemon juice into the blender.
- Add chia seed/coconut water mix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a few mint leaves as garnish, and enjoy!
Adaptation of a recipe from LaurenConrad.com
- Juicing Vs Blending: Which is Better?
If you want to eat more fruits and veggies, the solution may be to stop eating them and start drinking …
- Raw Milk: To Drink or Not To Drink
It’s a dichotomy. Picture a pastoral farm, dairy cows grazing peacefully on organic pasture. When the cows are milked, the …
- This Food can Help Treat Your Post-Thanksgiving Hangover
It isn’t a bad thing to indulge in a few too many drinks at the holiday party, or lose count …
- 7 Foods Your Heart Wished You Would Stop Eating
Heart attacks occur when the arteries in the body supplying blood become clogged. Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as smoking and lack …
- 10 Awesome Foods That Help Everything From Muscle Recovery to Cancer Prevention
Inflammation is a precursor to a wide range of health problems! According to health experts, inflammation is what triggers the …
- Fructose Is Your Liver’s Enemy, Not Fat
There is growing scientific consensus that one of the most common types of sugar, fructose, can be toxic to the …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …
- Coconut Oil Helps Parkinson’s Patient Regain Quality of Life
Imagine for a moment that you are a 74-year-old man diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, and you are quickly losing your …
- The Spoils of Going GMO-Free: Chipotle Stock Hits an All-Time High After Announcing ‘Blockbuster Earnings’
When companies give customers what they want, the customers respond. Chipotle restaurants, now the biggest Mexican-style casual food chain in …
- How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups at Home With REAL Fruit and Gelatin For Your Hair, Skin and Joints
Despite being advertised as containing “real fruit”, commercial fruit roll-ups contain in fact more hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup …
- How Spinach Can Boost Your Physical Fitness and Muscle Strength
Popeye had something right! It turns out that, thanks to the inner workings of both our cells and plants’ cells, …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- These Things Happen to Your Body When You Eat Oatmeal Every Day
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” That’s hardly news. But what’s even more important is what you eat …
- 5 Hard-To-Stomach Ingredients You Don’t Know About But Should. (No. 1 Beaver Butt for Flavoring…)
Most people don’t know every ingredient in the food they eat, and that’s okay. What everyone does know is that …