Inflammation is categorized as a condition that is physical and in which a certain part of the body becomes swollen, hot, sometimes painful and even reddened.
Sometimes this inflammation comes about as a result of an injury but it can also be because of an infection, lack of homeostasis in the body and a poor diet.
Whenever there is inflammation present, whether it be external of internal, it is always best to opt for a natural way to reduce inflammation as this will have fewer and less toxic side effects.
1. Exercising Can Help Open Wounds Heal
Inflammation is also present when we have an open wound. A recent study carried out at the University of Illinois discovered many reasons to stay fit as people age and one particular point of interest they found was how there is a link between moderate exercise and decreased inflammation of damaged skin tissue.
Pilates, yoga, and even tennis or golf – all could help your wounds heal. Now there’s a new one!
2. Eat Healthy Foods Rich in Polyphenols
Polyphenols are natural anti-oxidants found in certain fresh food. A study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, the April 2013 edition, backed up what nutritionists have been stating for a long time – that polyphenols has anti-inflammatory effects on adipose tissue.
Foods with the richest polyphenol content include; cloves, dried peppermint, and raw cacao powder.
3. Get Fishy
Supplementation of omega 3 fish oils have been proven to offer anti-inflammatory effects in a study published in the Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care journal.
The data from this study indicates that enteral fish oil given as a continuous infusion as part of complete nutrition improves outcome in critically ill patients, especially those with acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Ensure when choosing an omega 3 fish oil, that you go for a high quality one that is from wild fish, and contains almost zero PCB’s and other toxins such as mercury.
4. Add a Little Sunshine
Vitamin D3, the sunshine vitamin, has been found to help reduce inflammation according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
In a genetic study of more than 2,100 female twin pairs ages 19-79, British and American researchers found that higher vitamin D levels were linked to improved genetic measures of lifelong aging and chronic stress, with those who had the lowest levels expected to age up to 5 years quicker than those with the highest vitamin D3 levels.
So if it’s a sunny day by you – get outside and soak up some rays! 10 minutes is all you need. Besides, the Sun is one of the best natural way to reduce inflammation.
5. Aloe Vera Me Up Baby
According to one study carried out at the University of Maryland Medical Centre, early evidence has suggested that aloe vera gel may improve symptoms of genital herpes and certain skin conditions such as psoriasis.
Another study found that aloe vera gel displayed anti-inflammatory effects superior to 1% hydrocortisone cream or a placebo gel.
Due to this, researchers claim that aloe vera gel may be useful in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions, such as ultraviolet-induced erythema.
Aloe vera can be taken as a liquid to help reduce inflammation, or applied externally to sun-burn and any other external bites or injuries. Just do not apply it to open wounds.
- Mom Discovers Why Baby Is Sick After She Examines Sippy Cup And Sees THIS…
Parents do everything to keep their children away from harm. Whether it’s baby proofing their house, monitoring their playtime or …
- This Is What Happens When An Animal Shelter Partners With An Elderly Care Facility
Pets give love and companionship that can turn someone’s life around. For elderly people who don’t get to see their …
- Medicinal Plant Has Over 60,000 Industrial Uses And Can Fight Cancer And Other Deadly Diseases
Despite what we’ve been taught, cannabis isn’t just a popular recreational drug. The cannabis plant actually has over 60 thousand …
- THIS Is Why Mountain Dew Is Terrible For You (Never Drink This Ever Again!)
Despite the increasing awareness of the harms of soda, Mountain dew is a still a popular drink among children and …
- Do These 3 Things To Lose Weight Without Hunger
Losing weight without hunger. Challenging, but doable. You can lose weight without even changing your caloric intake if you choose …
- Why You Should NEVER Buy Or Drink This Type of Milk Ever Again
Did you know that up until recently, the soybean was not even considered fit to eat? Although it has been …
- Canker Sores Are The Absolute WORST…Here’s How To Get Rid of Them Fast!
Almost everyone experiences a canker sore in their lifetime. These annoying mouth ulcers make talking and eating painful and difficult, but …
- How To Get Beautiful Silky, Shiny, Straight Hair With Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice
Most people with curly hair wishes it was straight, and straight hair want it to be curly. As the saying …
- New Research Finds Cheeseburgers As Bad For You As Smoking
People who are considered ‘middle aged’, which is between the ages of 50-65 years old, that consume a high protein …
- New Federal Study Links Monsanto Chemicals To Widespread Liver Disease In Poisoned Southern Town (Anniston, Alabama)
Mention Monsanto these days and you are sure to get a reaction from almost anyone. The American multinational agrochemical and …
- Dry Skin Brushing Helps Detox Your Skin And Reduce Cellulite…Here’s How To Do It Correctly!
Your lymphatic system plays an important role in helping your body get rid of waste and toxins. One of its main …
- Build a $300 Underground Greenhouse For Year-Round Gardening
Growers in colder climates often utilize various approaches to extend the growing season or to give their crops a boost, …
- How to Detox with a Coconut Oil Cleanse to Get Rid of Parasites, Viruses, and Fungal Infections
Coconut Oil Detox “Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that …
- The Shocking Reason Why You Need To Boil Cinnamon Before Using It For Weight Loss
If you didn’t already know, cinnamon is often used in weight loss recipes. And the reason for that is because eating …
- Colorado Is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax To Provide Food And Housing For The Homeless
Legalizing marijuana is not a new issue by any means. And for the most part, it has been, and will …