Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain.
They contain high levels of vitamin B6, which is needed to help keep homocysteine levels low within our body. High homocysteine levels has been linked to heart attacks and other degenerative diseases.
Sweet potatoes are also a good source of cold and virus fighting vitamin C. This nutrient is also important for maintaining healthy bone and tooth formation, healthy blood cell formation and strengthening the digestive system.
Here are 5 yummy recipes to help you go about including more nutrient bursting sweet potatoes.
1. Quick Sweet Potato Hash
This Mexican inspired sweet potato hash recipe can also help to fight off any phomopsis or collectotrichum (types of fungus) due to the cayenne pepper it contains.
With all the vitamin C you will be ingesting from the sweet potatoes, you will also be helping to accelerate wound healing and produce collagen which is needed to help keep the skins youthful appearance.
Recipe @ runningtothekitchen
2. Sweet Potato Almond Butter Muffins Recipe – Dairy Free
Perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan, these homemade almond flavoured muffins are sure to satisfy your cravings for that something sweet without compromising your health.
Recipe @ minimalistbaker
3. Roasted Sweet Potato & Kale with Poached Eggs
Bored of your usual breakfast? Well by including this recipe you are not only giving yourself an energy boost because of the iron-rich kale and sweet potatoes, but you are also going to help keep yourself fuller for longer because of the protein-rich eggs.
Having animal protein for breakfast has also been found to keep your moods more stable because it is slow to digest which helps keep blood sugar levels steady and stable.
Recipe @ tastespotting
4. Sweet Potato Crackers
Reaching for these sweet potato crackers will do good for your arteries and heart. This is because they are rich in the vital but so often lacking in our diets, mineral magnesium. Experts feel that as much as 80% of the population just in North America alone may be deficient in this important mineral.
Recipe @ fussfreecooking
5. Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus
By adding in the sweet potato, this basic hummus recipe gets a tasty makeover that will leave your guests wanting more!
By consuming 1-2 cloves of raw, fresh garlic a day as is used in this recipe, you will be helping to ward off any impending bacteria or virus attacks that are looking to takeover, and ruin your health.
Recipe @ vegetarianadventures
- 3-ingredient Gluten-Free Bread To Effortlessly Keep You In Fat-Burning Mode All Day Long
One of the hardest things for celiacs and gluten-intolerant people to give up is bread. In fact, gluten is a …
- The World Health Organization Confirms: Coffee Does Not Cause Cancer As Long As You Don’t Do THIS!
Let’s be honest, you probably don’t feel like yourself until you have your morning coffee. And you’re not alone: about …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- There’s a New GMO Apple on The Market…Here’s 2 Surefire Ways to Make Sure You’re Not Buying It!
Apples and potatoes naturally bruise and turn brown – but the new strains of apples and potatoes recently approved by …
- 9 Surprising Ingredients Used in Taco Bell’s Ground Beef
With the hullabaloo surrounding labeling food products that has escalated over the years, many consumers want to know what’s really …
- Cauliflower With Turmeric Makes For a Powerful Anti-Inflammatory And Anti-Cancer Snack
Cauliflower and turmeric are two superfoods that can be served as a hearty replacement for rice and pasta. Better still, the recipe …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …
- 10 Shocking Facts Processed Food Companies Hide From You
You likely know that processed foods contain excess sugars, sodium, bad fats and manufactured unnatural preservatives. What you might not …
- This Food can Help Treat Your Post-Thanksgiving Hangover
It isn’t a bad thing to indulge in a few too many drinks at the holiday party, or lose count …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- A Recipe for Turmeric Juice: A Powerful Healing Beverage
Turmeric is the spice of the day–and with good reason. Traditionally used in Indian cuisine, this magnificent plant is known …
- What Happens When You Start Drinking Golden Milk Every Night Before Bed
It’s not uncommon to drink a warm cup of milk before bed. It is, after all, what “grandma” always recommended …
- 13 Delicious Ways to Make Homemade Hummus (Recipes Included)
Hummus is a great dish and its main ingredient, chickpeas, offer a plethora of health benefits. They’re an excellent source …
- 16 Herbs and Spices to Fight Diabetes That Don’t Taste Like Grass (You Won’t Regret Trying No. 10)
Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. More than 29.1 million Americans are diabetic of which 8 …
- 1 Super-Common Food That’s Ruining Your Skin, Joints & Blood Sugar
Sometimes it’s difficult to discern trend diets from the truth about nutrition. It seems that everyone has an agenda, a …