Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain.
They contain high levels of vitamin B6, which is needed to help keep homocysteine levels low within our body. High homocysteine levels has been linked to heart attacks and other degenerative diseases.
Sweet potatoes are also a good source of cold and virus fighting vitamin C. This nutrient is also important for maintaining healthy bone and tooth formation, healthy blood cell formation and strengthening the digestive system.
Here are 5 yummy recipes to help you go about including more nutrient bursting sweet potatoes.
1. Quick Sweet Potato Hash
This Mexican inspired sweet potato hash recipe can also help to fight off any phomopsis or collectotrichum (types of fungus) due to the cayenne pepper it contains.
With all the vitamin C you will be ingesting from the sweet potatoes, you will also be helping to accelerate wound healing and produce collagen which is needed to help keep the skins youthful appearance.
Recipe @ runningtothekitchen
2. Sweet Potato Almond Butter Muffins Recipe – Dairy Free
Perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan, these homemade almond flavoured muffins are sure to satisfy your cravings for that something sweet without compromising your health.
Recipe @ minimalistbaker
3. Roasted Sweet Potato & Kale with Poached Eggs
Bored of your usual breakfast? Well by including this recipe you are not only giving yourself an energy boost because of the iron-rich kale and sweet potatoes, but you are also going to help keep yourself fuller for longer because of the protein-rich eggs.
Having animal protein for breakfast has also been found to keep your moods more stable because it is slow to digest which helps keep blood sugar levels steady and stable.
Recipe @ tastespotting
4. Sweet Potato Crackers
Reaching for these sweet potato crackers will do good for your arteries and heart. This is because they are rich in the vital but so often lacking in our diets, mineral magnesium. Experts feel that as much as 80% of the population just in North America alone may be deficient in this important mineral.
Recipe @ fussfreecooking
5. Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus
By adding in the sweet potato, this basic hummus recipe gets a tasty makeover that will leave your guests wanting more!
By consuming 1-2 cloves of raw, fresh garlic a day as is used in this recipe, you will be helping to ward off any impending bacteria or virus attacks that are looking to takeover, and ruin your health.
Recipe @ vegetarianadventures
- Natural Compound Found in Blueberries Help Lower Diabetes Risk and Body Fat
You may have heard about the miracle antioxidant resveratrol, found in blueberries, grapes and red wine. But did you know …
- Amazing 78 Year Old Vegan Bodybuilder
Jim Morris was a competitive bodybuilder for 30 years, and became vegan within the past twelve. At 50 he was …
- 12 Matcha Loaded Desserts That Your Body Will Thank You For Eating
Did you know? You can mix Matcha green tea into your desserts for a healthy treat! Matcha contains over six …
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- Biotech Firms Sue Local Hawaii Government for Protecting Citizens and Environment from GMOs
Hawaii is its own rich ecosystem. By virtue of its geography, many unique plants make their homes there; the fertile …
- It’s Not Rocket Science! 4 Ridiculously Easy Ways to Prepare Nutritious Food.
Due to poor agricultural practices and excessive processing, the food that ends up on our plate is typically a shadow …
- 5 Delicious Foods That Keep You Hydrated
Summer is here in the Northern Hemisphere! Everyone scampers outside for their favorite activities, ready for sun and fun. As …
- 5 Essentials for Healthy Snacking
Want to replace your unhealthy snack habits with delicious and nutritious options? There are plenty of tasty snacks that can …
- 9 Surprising Ingredients Used in Taco Bell’s Ground Beef
With the hullabaloo surrounding labeling food products that has escalated over the years, many consumers want to know what’s really …
- Beware of Emulsifiers Like ‘Soy Lecithin’ Used In Processed Foods…It’s Hurting Your Gut Health!
According to a study from Georgia State University(1), there is a common ingredient in most supermarket food that may be …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …
- 7 Proven Reasons Why Vegetarians Live Longer. #3 Will Make You Give Up Meat Instantly.
Vegetarianism as a way of life began in the ’60s as a counter-culture movement. The ideas behind it stemmed from a …
- What These Researchers Found About Soft Drinks Will Blow Your Mind.
Soda is quite possibly the most vilified food/beverage on the market, and for good reason. The beverage offers zero nutritional …
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Show Promising Results In Cancer Treatment, Study Finds
The principle of “complementary medicine” is combining conventional medical treatments with less traditional, possibly naturopathic treatments in order to provide …
- Here’s Why It’s So Important to Know How To Reduce Antinutrients in Foods
Whole grains and veggies are great for you, but they can also be a double-edged sword. These foods contain many …