We can often find ourselves giving so much to others, be it at work or at home, that we often feel we have no time, or energy for ourselves. But taking time out to just be still and calm is just as vital, if not more vital than being constantly on the go, as it can help you deal with stress better, and therefore feel better.
Here are several ways to welcome peace, and lower stress levels after an extremely hectic moment or day;
What people do not realize about meditation is that you do not need to roll yourself out a yoga mat, and be dressed like the Buddha to do it. In fact, you can practice meditation in your office, in your staff room, or even on the toilet if you only have two minutes to spare!
How to meditate: Go to a quiet space, close your eyes and start breathing deeply trying to forget about the physical world. During your medication you are welcome to visualize any place you find pleasant and peaceful or just think about a thought that makes you feel happy.
Remember this is your time now, so there is no need to worry or think about deadlines and pressures. Relax at all times, and imagine every bit of stress falling away from you as you exhale.
2. Listen to Music Alone
When you feel the going gets tough, try removing yourself from the situation and going somewhere peaceful and listen to a song that is very soothing and calm. During this time only listen to the words or music if it is an instrumental piece, and focus on regulating your breathing. Some people find benefit from creating a playlist that is saved for times of relaxation.
3. Soothing Affirmations
Affirmations are positive spoken phrases said over and over that eventually you start to believe and feel better from. So when needing to relax and unwind, try any of the following affirmations;
- I am relaxed. I am calm. I am safe.
- As I breathe in and out I am relaxing more and more.
- I am able to deal with all the problems thrown at me.
- Calmness washes over me.
4. Think Happy Thoughts
Too much time is often spent thinking about the negative things that have happened or need dealing with. But try thinking about your happy memories as these can make you feel instantly uplifted and calm again.
5. Free Your Thoughts
By writing down all your fears you are actively releasing them from your mind, and freeing yourself from them. This act of writing with a pen is going to achieve far more therapeutically than when done on a laptop.
No matter what we do, stress is always going to be present at times in our life because we cannot control everything that happens to us as a result of others actions. But what we can do, and control is how we deal with any stressful situations that may arise from practicing any of the above relaxation techniques, at any time.
- Tobacco Smokes The World
You can say that cigarettes help you cope with the stress of daily life, calm you when you’re angry, help …
- FDA Is Recalling Turmeric From THESE Brands Due To Lead Contamination
Since turmeric is a health food as well as a medicine, it’s essential to buy the high-quality stuff. Low-quality spices …
- Scarlet Fever is Back and Every Parent Needs to Watch Out for These Warning Signs
Scarlet fever is an infection of Streptococcus A bacteria and accompanies “strep throat”. Its incidence has reduced drastically over the …
- 8 Easy Tips To Help You Stop Snoring Naturally
Snoring can be a major problem when it comes to sleeping, both for the snorer and their spouse. How do …
- “Super Lice” Outbreak Hits 25 States: Here’s What You Can Do To Get Rid of Them Naturally
There’s an outbreak of drug-resistant head lice in half of U.S. states and they’re kind of a big problem, especially …
- Indian State Will Pay Farmers To Go 100% Organic And GMO-Free
Organic food has taken the world by storm. And while some countries are riding the wave with very little regulation, …
- How To Instantly Stop A Migraine With Himalayan Salt
Migraines are nothing to laugh about. Just one bad migraine is enough to cripple you for a whole day. Pain relievers are …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Remedy Before Breakfast To Detox Your Fatty Liver
Your liver filters your blood and eliminates any toxins it may contain. It also plays a role in metabolism and …
- 5 Detox Teas To Flush Out Toxins From Your Body And Nurture The Good Bacteria In Your Gut
While it’s more common to focus on popular health subjects such as weight loss, disease prevention, or physical appearance, many …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …
- Stick a Piece of Garlic On Your Skin And Watch What Happens…The Results Will Amaze You!
You may have heard of the benefits of placing onion on your feet or honey on your chest to help …
- You’re Texting All Wrong and It’s Killing Your Spine
Are you on Facebook surfing right now? Or perhaps texting your friends via cellphone? If you are then stop for a …
- 1 Lemon Peel Trick To Get Rid of Inflammation And Chronic Pain
Lemons are well-known for its health benefits. In fact, you’ve probably heard a lot about the advantages of drinking warm lemon water …
- Men With Bleeding Gums are TWICE as Likely to Suffer From Erectile Dysfunction
It’s all connected. Every cell in your body. Nothing works in isolation. A Turkish study on erectile dysfunction (ED) found …
- Johnson & Johnson To Pay $72M For Ovarian Cancer Death Linked To Talcum Powder
“Just a sprinkle a day helps keep odor away.” That was the slogan used by Johnson & Johnson to market …