M&M’s can be hard to resist.
Especially, if you grew up with them.
Yet, very few people know about the dangerous side effects that come with eating M&M’s.
Here’s a list of 30 reasons why you should avoid these chocolates as much as possible.
The RED M&M’s Were Once Banned…
Back in 1976, amid serious concern over questionable dyes used, Red M&M’s were banned. It was believed that FD&C Red #2 was a carcinogen. But in 1983, they were reintroduced into the market, despite consumers urging Mars, the chocolate company that owns the brand to remove the dangerous dyes.
The CSPI has recommended that warning labels listing the risks of the eight approved FD&C food colors should be a requirement for all products containing these dangerous ingredients. The CSPI’s Dr. Jacobson said:
“The evidence that these petrochemicals worsen some children’s behavior is convincing. I hope that the committee will advise the agency to both require warning notices and encourage companies voluntarily to switch to safer natural colorings.”
M&M’s Ingredients List
Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate, Skim Milk, Cocoa Butter, Lactose, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Artificial Flavor), Sugar, Cornstarch, Less Than 1% – Corn Syrup, Dextrin, Coloring (Includes Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 40 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 2), Gum Acacia.
- 93% of soy is genetically modified
- Can cause breast cancer
- Negatively impacts fertility and reproduction
- May lead to behavioral and cerebral abnormalities
- Produces malignant tumors
- Possible effects include: hay fever, low blood pressure, hives, asthma, allergic reaction
- Caution is advised if aspirin sensitive
- Damages DNA
- Causes swelling around the mouth
- Hyperactivity in children
- Can cause cancer
- Allergic reactions
- Nettle rash
- Swelling of the skin
- Can cause allergic reactions
- Petroleum based product
- Increases hyperactivity in children
- Increases brain tumors in lab rats
- Increases other abnormal cell development
- Dietary fiber from the Acacia tree
- Causes gas, nausea, loose stool and bloating
Despite there being other natural and safe coloring alternatives, the Mars company continues to use artificial dyes. Until they make the change, it’d be best for you and your family to give up these questionable tiny chocolates.
In the meantime you can swap your cravings for M&M’s with these satisfying dark chocolate bars:
- Equal Exchange: completely organic and fair trade
- Sweetriot: Fair trade and contains no GMO ingredients
- Good Cacao: These chocolate bars are enriched with supplements
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …