Chapped or dry lips are a common occurrence that can happen to anyone. Not only are they painful but they’re also unattractive.
Some of the main causes for chapped lips are vitamin deficiency, dehydration, excessive licking of lips, sun exposure and harsh weather. Dry lips are especially prone to occur over winter as the air gets drier.
So, if you’re one to experience dry, flaky, and chapped lips frequently…keep on reading!
Step 1: Exfoliate
Contrary to popular belief, simply relying on lip balm is not the best way to prevent dry, chapped lips.
In fact, the most important thing you can do to fight chapped lips is to exfoliate. Removing the layer of dead skin cells covering your lips will improve the efficacy of your lip balm. Use the following recipe:
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (it’s used to make sure the sugar sticks well together)
- Mix the sugar and honey together.
- Pour the mixture into a container and use within 1-2 weeks.
How to use:
- Take a dime size amount of scrub and rub gently onto lips.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to make the lip skin soft.
- Now use your fingers to rub the applied paste gently until some of the sugar has dissolved.
- Wash off the dead skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once or twice per week.
Once you’ve completed this step, the next thing to do is to moisturize your soft lips with the following homemade lip balm!
Step 2: Moisturize
After you’ve removed the dead skin cells on your lips, you’re now ready to apply lip balm.
The ingredients chosen in the following recipe are very effective but feel free to experiment with other natural recipes.
- 2 tablespoons of grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- 10 drop of essential oil
Melt the beeswax and coconut/almond oil in a double boiler until everything is melted. Take off heat and add your essential oils. Add to a container and let cool!
Additional Tips To Prevent Chapped Lips
- Apply coconut oil on lips overnight.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Use a humidifier at home to make your indoor air less dry.
- Avoid licking your lips as much as possible.
- The Simple Eye Test To Tell If Your Adrenals Are Fatigued And What To Do IMMEDIATELY If They Are!
We are all faced with an incredible amount of pressure in our day to day life. Pressure to be the …
- Classified Documents Reveal Monsanto Knew About Glyphosate Link to Cancer 35 Years Ago
Roundup is the most popular herbicide on the planet. It’s made by Monsanto, a multi-billion dollar corporation headquartered in St. …
- Must Read: The Most Over-Prescribed Medications
Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) are some of the most over-prescribed medications out there. You might have seen popular advertisements for …
- The Scary Reason Europe Just Recalled This Whisky
A popular brand of alcohol in both the U.S. and overseas has recently been recalled for an unnerving reason… it’s content …
- Under Pressure? Use This 2-Minute Trick To Relax!
The habit of meditation is one of the most powerful things you’ll ever learn. Amazingly, it’s also one of the most …
- These Foods Make Cancer Cells Grow In Your Body! Stop Eating Them Right Now!
We’ve come to know, through medical research and ancestral wisdom, that there are foods that contain certain nutrients that prevent …
- 50 Holistic Doctors Have Mysteriously Died In The Last Year But What’s Being Done About it?
Every living thing dies—that’s not news. When a particular group of people dies under questionable circumstances, however, that is news…or …
- THIS Oil Relieves Pain FASTER Than Both Pain Meds and ALL Other Natural Remedies
What do you do when you experience muscle pain? If you’re like most Americans, you probably open up your bathroom …
- My Mom Told Me Vinegar Was Useful. But I Never Imagined That It Could Do THIS…Incredible!
Not many people would think of using vinegar for cleaning. While it may not have the most pleasant smell, here’s …
- You Will Be Shocked by What Caused This Child’s Massive Tooth Decay!
For many families around the world, a trip to the dentist is a luxury they can’t afford. This has led …
- Just Eight Weeks of Eating Paleo Can Dramatically Cut Blockages in Your Arteries!
Ever considered going Paleo? Well, a recent University of Houston study demonstrated that it would be worth taking the leap …
- New Heart Valve Tech Allows For Noninvasive Surgery
Open-heart surgery is an incredibly dangerous, but in most cases absolutely necessary, surgical procedure. But what if there were a …
- How To Effectively Deep-Clean And Freshen Your Mattress Without Using Bleach
Although most people clean their bed sheets every week, it’s rare for people to think of washing their mattress even …
- This Is What Tapping THESE Points On Your Body Can Do For You!
Emotions are an essential part of what makes us human. They are at once one of the most enriching elements …
- 10 Things That Will Happen To You If You Stop Wearing Makeup
Makeup is a great way to enhance your natural beauty and to improve self-confidence. It’s also a great way to …