Every day, many different types of food goods are consumed throughout the whole of the USA that contain food ingredients that have been banned in many countries outside the US.
This list was taken from the book, ‘Rich Food, Poor Food: The Ultimate Grocery Purchasing System’, by Jason Calton who has a Ph.D. in nutrition and Mira Calton who is a licensed certified nutritionist.
The full list of banned ingredients is below;
1. Blue No.1 Food Colouring
2. Blue No. 2 Food Colouring
3. Yellow No. 5 (Tartazine), Yellow No. 6 Food Colouring
4. Red No. 40
5. Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO)
7. Potassium Bromate (Bromated flour)
8. Olestra (Olean)
9. Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) & Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
10. rBGH and Rbst (types of hormones)
According to ABC News Jason Calton made this comment on their book and the list causing the public to demand answers;
“We call it our GPS of grocery purchasing system: how to identify dangerous ingredients — so people can shop safe and smart in the grocery store.”
Jason Calton also mentioned that the manufacturers do not put these banned ingredients into their food to be “bad people”.
He then goes onto say it may have just been part of the original recipe and may not realise the side effects of some specific ingredients.