19. Watermelon Orange Ginger Turmeric Juice
If you’re a turmeric lover, you will adore this fruity, refreshing juice that’s deliciously spiced up with the superfood.
For 4 servings:
- 18 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
- 7 cups of cubed watermelon
- Approx. 3″ knob of peeled ginger root
- 3/4 – 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Juice six or so oranges, or until you’ve reached 18 oz of juice.
- Cut and cube watermelon and add watermelon chunks to a blender.
- Add ginger (no need to mince or grate) and turmeric.
- Pour in orange juice.
- Blend until watermelon chunks have liquefied and the juice is smooth.
- Pour juice through a strainer and discard pulp and ginger remnants.
20. Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
You get flavor, convenience, and nutrition in this superfood powerhouse of a dish!
For 4 servings:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop the head of cauliflower into florets.
- Whisk together coconut oil, turmeric, cumin, crushed red pepper, garlic, and water.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a pan, pour the mixture over them, and toss well.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes, and top with fresh basil.
21.Tropical Turmeric, Carrot, and Ginger Smoothie
This fast, simple, savory smoothie is packed full with goodness and delicious, adventurous flavors.
Not only will you enjoy the benefits of the fresh turmeric, but you’ll be taking in at least three of your five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
Here’s the recipe for two servings:
- 1 blood or navel orange, peel and pith removed
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and chopped
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ⅔ cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon shelled raw hemp seeds
- ¾ teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated peeled turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Place all of your ingredient in a blender.
- Purée until smooth and strain if desired.
- Drink immediately.