Sitting all day can leave your glutes atrophied and sore which is why you need exercises for your butt.
It’s important not to neglect these muscles since they play a vital role in maximizing the strength in your legs, supporting your spine and stabilizing your pelvis. That’s why it’s good to have exercises for butt which can also work our your legs and thighs.
Basically, just by strengthening your glutes you improve your posture, which is beneficial for running, high intensity sports and much more.
Building up your glutes also helps prevent injuries down the road. All it takes is 15 minutes a few times a week to get your butt firm and strong! Has anyone ever told you that exercises for butt could be a great thing?
See below the most effective exercises to build up your gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus.
- Stand up straight with legs at hip’s width apart.
- Step forward with your right and bend your knee at a 90° and hold for 5 seconds.
- Go back to your original position and change legs.
- Do 10-20 reps in 3 sets.
- To increase intensity, use light dumbbells and build up your strength.
2. Donkey Kicks
- Start on the ground on your hands and knees at shoulder’s and hip’s width.
- Keep your abs and glutes tight and raise your right heel towards to the ceiling so that your foot is directly above your butt. Make sure to keep your thigh no higher than your torso to avoid injuring your spine.
- Hold the position and slowly return your knee towards the ground without touching it.
- Repeat 15 times on each leg and perform 3 sets. You can also boost your workout by strapping on ankle weights.