Chinese traditional medicine has long documented the health benefits of various natural remedies. Some of them have been so effective that western doctors have adapted these methods in their daily practice.
The health benefits of acupuncture have long been acknowledged and studied, but did you know that you can get the same benefits without using needles? In fact, acupressure can sometimes be just as effective as acupuncture.
What Is Acupressure?
Traditional Chinese Medical Theory describes special acupoints, or acupressure points, that lie along meridians, or channels, in your body.
These are the same energy meridians and acupoints as those targeted with acupuncture. It is believed that by pressing these specific points on the body one can improve blood flow, which increases oxygen delivery and help heal the body.
Acupressure practitioners use their fingers, palms, elbows or feet, or special devices to apply pressure to acupoints on the body’s meridians. Sometimes, acupressure also involves stretching or acupressure massage, as well as other methods. via WebMD
Massage This Acupoint Helps With Sleep And Stress
To relieve stress and help you sleep, you’ll want to stimulate the San Yin Jiao spot (SP6). It’s one of the most commonly used points in acupuncture.
Treating this point often helps with:
- Abdominal distention
- Menstrual disorders and pain
- Infertility and difficult labor
- Urinary dysfunction
- Lower limb problems
- Anxiety (1)
It also helps to cleanse and regulate the spleen and kidneys, which help keep your blood in optimal shape. The kidneys filter your blood, while the spleen produces new blood cells and removes the old and defective ones. This is why SP6 is a vital point in acupressure. via TheCanadianGynecologyInstituteOfChineseMedicine
How To Find This Pressure Point
To find this spot, place four fingers above your ankle on the inside of your leg, just behind the shin bone.
To massage this acupoint, press your thumb on it in circular motion for 6 seconds. Release for 2 seconds. Continue to repeat this for 5 minutes and then switch legs. Use everyday before bed to help you sleep.
Warning: San Yin Jiao (SP6) should not be used in pregnancy because this point may induce labor (2).
- The Toxic Food Additive In Bread You Didn’t Know You Were Eating…And How To Avoid It
The use of Potassium Bromate in the bread making process is wide spread within the United States; however, it has …
- Solar Panel Farm Grows 17,000 Tons Of Food Without Soil, Pesticides, Fossil Fuels Or Groundwater
Farming is probably the world’s oldest profession and something that is obviously universal to every culture and race in the …
- Every Single Hour You Spend Watching TV Reduces Your Life Expectancy by 21.8 Minutes, Study Says
Your mother probably used to yell from the kitchen, “turn off that idiot box!” What great advice, for more reasons …
- When You Try This 2,000-Year-Old Lotion Recipe, You’ll Know Why People Still Use It
Facial cleansers are everywhere on the market today, and it can be hard to know which ones are actually good …
- Fabric Softener Is The #1 Cause of Indoor Air Pollution. Make Your Own With This DIY Recipe
The use of fabric softener is often seen as an essential part of good housekeeping. It’s the attentive detail that …
- Could a Lack of Vitamin D Damage Your Brain?
With many people focused on the risk of developing skin cancer, according to data from the CDC, almost a quarter …
- 6 Disturbing Ways Pesticides Are Hurting Your Body
There’s no getting around it: pesticides are bad for you. They’re literally poison – toxins designed to kill pests and …
- Watch What Happens To Gray Hair When You Start Drinking Wheatgrass Everyday
Gray hair can make you look a lot older than you really are. Although there’s nothing wrong with having a …
- 10 Warning Signs You’re Gluten Intolerant
Begin Slideshow With more people becoming gluten intolerant, going gluten-free has become more and more popular. But how can you …
- Lead Developer Of HPV Vaccines Comes Clean, Warns Parents & Young Girls It’s All A Giant Deadly Scam
The HPV vaccine controversy has got many people confused. Here’s what you need to know. The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a …
- Guava Leaves Can 100% Stop Your Hair Loss and Make it Grow Like Crazy!
Guava: a sweet exotic fruit native to Mexico, Central and South America. One guava fruit contains three times the daily …
- Hexavalent Chromium (Chromium-6) Was Just Found In 75% Of Drinking Water
Access to clean drinking water is a basic human right- or at least it should be. While there are many …
- How To Drink Your Excess Weight Away In 8 Weeks
It’s no secret that obesity has become one of the most wide-spread medical conditions worldwide. And while being overweight is …
- 10 Surprising Ways Eating Dark Chocolate is Good for The Body
Many people may not know it, but there are actually numerous health benefits to eating chocolate. The real, unadulterated form of …
- University of California Study: Non-drug Treatment May Reverse Alzheimer’s
It’s not really news for those who are aware but for everyone else, it may be an awakening that is …