Chinese traditional medicine has long documented the health benefits of various natural remedies. Some of them have been so effective that western doctors have adapted these methods in their daily practice.
The health benefits of acupuncture have long been acknowledged and studied, but did you know that you can get the same benefits without using needles? In fact, acupressure can sometimes be just as effective as acupuncture.
What Is Acupressure?
Traditional Chinese Medical Theory describes special acupoints, or acupressure points, that lie along meridians, or channels, in your body.
These are the same energy meridians and acupoints as those targeted with acupuncture. It is believed that by pressing these specific points on the body one can improve blood flow, which increases oxygen delivery and help heal the body.
Acupressure practitioners use their fingers, palms, elbows or feet, or special devices to apply pressure to acupoints on the body’s meridians. Sometimes, acupressure also involves stretching or acupressure massage, as well as other methods. via WebMD
Massage This Acupoint Helps With Sleep And Stress
To relieve stress and help you sleep, you’ll want to stimulate the San Yin Jiao spot (SP6). It’s one of the most commonly used points in acupuncture.
Treating this point often helps with:
- Abdominal distention
- Menstrual disorders and pain
- Infertility and difficult labor
- Urinary dysfunction
- Lower limb problems
- Anxiety (1)
It also helps to cleanse and regulate the spleen and kidneys, which help keep your blood in optimal shape. The kidneys filter your blood, while the spleen produces new blood cells and removes the old and defective ones. This is why SP6 is a vital point in acupressure. via TheCanadianGynecologyInstituteOfChineseMedicine
How To Find This Pressure Point
To find this spot, place four fingers above your ankle on the inside of your leg, just behind the shin bone.
To massage this acupoint, press your thumb on it in circular motion for 6 seconds. Release for 2 seconds. Continue to repeat this for 5 minutes and then switch legs. Use everyday before bed to help you sleep.
Warning: San Yin Jiao (SP6) should not be used in pregnancy because this point may induce labor (2).
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …
- 14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (Millions Are Exposed Every Day)
When you hear the word mold, you often think of rotten food or dirty showers in bathrooms, but this very …
- How to Effectively Remove a Painful Ingrown Toenail WITHOUT Having To Go To The Doctor
If you ever suffered from an ingrown toenail, then you know that it’s not only super painful, it’s also hard …
- THIS Is What Happens To Your Face After Washing It With Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Baking soda and coconut oil face wash, can be very good for washing your face. Exfoliating your skin has become …
- Energy Saving Light Bulbs Are Poisonous To The Brain, Nervous System, Liver, Kidneys And Heart
There is a growing frenzy about the safety of energy saving light bulbs, which have grown increasingly popular. The US …