Chinese traditional medicine has long documented the health benefits of various natural remedies. Some of them have been so effective that western doctors have adapted these methods in their daily practice.
The health benefits of acupuncture have long been acknowledged and studied, but did you know that you can get the same benefits without using needles? In fact, acupressure can sometimes be just as effective as acupuncture.
What Is Acupressure?
Traditional Chinese Medical Theory describes special acupoints, or acupressure points, that lie along meridians, or channels, in your body.
These are the same energy meridians and acupoints as those targeted with acupuncture. It is believed that by pressing these specific points on the body one can improve blood flow, which increases oxygen delivery and help heal the body.
Acupressure practitioners use their fingers, palms, elbows or feet, or special devices to apply pressure to acupoints on the body’s meridians. Sometimes, acupressure also involves stretching or acupressure massage, as well as other methods. via WebMD
Massage This Acupoint Helps With Sleep And Stress
To relieve stress and help you sleep, you’ll want to stimulate the San Yin Jiao spot (SP6). It’s one of the most commonly used points in acupuncture.
Treating this point often helps with:
- Abdominal distention
- Menstrual disorders and pain
- Infertility and difficult labor
- Urinary dysfunction
- Lower limb problems
- Anxiety (1)
It also helps to cleanse and regulate the spleen and kidneys, which help keep your blood in optimal shape. The kidneys filter your blood, while the spleen produces new blood cells and removes the old and defective ones. This is why SP6 is a vital point in acupressure. via TheCanadianGynecologyInstituteOfChineseMedicine
How To Find This Pressure Point
To find this spot, place four fingers above your ankle on the inside of your leg, just behind the shin bone.
To massage this acupoint, press your thumb on it in circular motion for 6 seconds. Release for 2 seconds. Continue to repeat this for 5 minutes and then switch legs. Use everyday before bed to help you sleep.
Warning: San Yin Jiao (SP6) should not be used in pregnancy because this point may induce labor (2).
- This Fatty Liver Cleanse Will Reset Your Metabolism And Jumpstart Your Fat Loss
Your liver plays about 500 different functions, including neutralizing toxins, fighting infections and manufacturing proteins and hormones (1). It even …
- Two Natural Solutions For Bleeding Gums, Gingivitis, And a Healthy Heart
Researchers from Brazil’s Paraíba State University have determined that extracts of pomegranate and chamomile can help heal bleeding gums. The …
- These Chips Are Filled With Monsanto Herbicide Linked To Hormone Disruption, Reproductive Damage And Digestive Disorders
With the growing focus on the dangers of trans-fats, fast food companies have had to find new and creative ways …
- 6 Disturbing Ways Pesticides Are Hurting Your Body
There’s no getting around it: pesticides are bad for you. They’re literally poison – toxins designed to kill pests and …
- How to Train Your Brain to Fall Asleep in 60 Seconds
Getting a good night’s sleep is vital for optimal health. Unfortunately, many people struggle with sleeplessness, especially in stressful situations, which can …
- Video LITERALLY Shows You What Happens to Your Lungs When You Smoke…And It’s Not Pretty!
In light of the many negative effects of smoking and health issues revolving around cigarettes, various gruesome ad campaigns have …
- Your Liver is FULL of Aluminum, Start Eating These Foods To Get Rid of It Immediately!
Aluminum is a naturally occurring metal. But just because its natural, doesn’t mean that it’s okay for the human body …
- They Put Cameras Inside A School Cafeteria In Japan. What They Captured? My Jaw Dropped!
Food education is often neglected in today’s society. Yet, it’s one of the most fundamental basics of everyday life. How you …
- 5 Vital Reasons to Shed That Excess Weight
If you have been struggling to muster up the motivation to lose that excess weight that has been lurking for …
- Why an MRI costs $1,080 in America and $280 in France
Health care costs in the United States are higher than in any other OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) country, …
- Brilliant Invention by 15-Year-Old to Help Alzheimer’s Sufferers and Caregivers
Over five million people in the U.S. have Alzheimer’s. It is the sixth biggest killer disease. The victims of this …
- 3 Simple Tests You Can Do At Home To Predict How Long You’ll Live
Scientists and health professionals suggest that everyday activities may indicate your long-term health in a more affordable and convenient way …
- 4 Real Risk Factors For Heart Disease You Shouldn’t Ignore
The world is full of information. It’s also full of misinformation. Sometimes it’s hard to know which is which, especially …
- Why You Should Stop Buying Hand Sanitizer Immediately…See What It Does To Your Skin!
Hand sanitizer is the of the most common household products in the United States. Most families and schools rely on …
- Sweden Bans Mandatory Vaccinations Over ‘Serious Health Concerns’
There’s no denying it: vaccines a controversial issue. On one hand, they have saved the lives of countless children and …