You might scratch your head when you see these photos and think “Why is that guy wearing a pink tutu?”
The answer is, in equal parts, ridiculous and heartwarming.
You see, this is Bob Carey. Bob’s wife has cancer.
She was diagnosed with it in 2003 and The Tutu Project (as it’s now officially called) began as a way for Bob to express himself and make his wife smile. Then, it turned into something much bigger.
So Bob finds different locations…
And takes pictures of himself, topless and sporting a fluffy, pink tutu.
It’s as entertaining as it sounds.
It helped Linda, his brave wife, smile while she was battling cancer.
She was diagnosed in 2003 and the cancer came back in 2006.
Now, instead of fighting their own battles, the Careys are trying to help other women beat cancer.
The couple self-published a book, Ballerina, full of Bob’s tutu photos.
All proceeds will go to The Carey Foundation, a non-profit organization they formed to support women with breast cancer.
From personal experience…
Bob and Linda know that not ALL expenses are covered by medical insurance.
So by raising money for women with cancer, they want to help make their lives a little easier.
They are showing these women that no, they are NOT alone!
There is at least one guy wearing a pink tutu that is on their side.
And he wants to help them stand up to cancer.
It may seem silly.
But it’s potentially life-saving silliness.
So take a page out the Carey’s book… and think of a way to wear your own pink tutu.
“Oddly enough, her cancer has taught us that life is good, dealing with it can be hard, and sometimes the very best thing—no, the only thing—we can do to face another day is to laugh at ourselves, and share a laugh with others.”
You can support their incredible project by visiting this link.
Share Bob’s awesome story with everyone you know.
- This Will Make Your Clothes Bright White And Fresh Like Spring. No Chemicals, Cheap And Easy!
There’s nothing like a stubborn stain to ruin your new shirt. Sure, you can use a chemical cleaner like bleach …
- These 23 Restaurants Have the Most Antibiotics in their Meat – Avoid Them!
Antibiotic resistance. You may have heard the phrase shouted about in health circles, but what does it really mean? Of course, …
- 20 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Pneumonia (No. 5 is An Effective Alternative to Antibiotic Treatments)
How To Get Rid Of Pneumonia If you’re looking on how to get rid of Pneumonia, here’s a couple of …
- Top 10 Morning Habits To Guarantee Goodness In Your Day
The morning is a time of hope: the day is young, and you have the power to make it what it …
- Aluminum in Deodorants Can Cause Breast Cancer. Use Lime to Eliminate Body Odor
Sweating is never fun, unless you’re in a sauna. Sweating allows your body to get rid of toxins and prevent overheating. …
- FDA Approves Robotic Exoskeleton For Paralyzed Users
This isn’t the first time science fact has caught up with science fiction. And in this case, the technology provides …
- They Said Apple Cider Vinegar Is Great For You, BUT This Is What They Didn’t Tell You
Apple cider vinegar is a must have ingredient in your kitchen and medicine cabinet. And while many health publications praise its …
- Tommy Chong of ‘Cheech & Chong’ Fame: “I’m Cancer-Free” Thanks to Hemp Oil and The Right Diet
Cancer is metaphorically our generation’s new “four letter word.” No one wants to even discuss it, let alone be told …
- Have You Ever Heard Of Lymph Leakage? It Might Be The Reason You Can’t Lose Weight
Weight loss isn’t a simple matter for everyone. In fact, obesity has multiple causes that don’t always include overeating or …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- Easy DIY Treatment for Tightening Your Skin After Losing Weight or Childbirth
60% of new moms struggle to get back to their “pre-pregnancy body” (1). Many of those women deal with loose and …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Remedy Before Breakfast To Detox Your Fatty Liver
Your liver filters your blood and eliminates any toxins it may contain. It also plays a role in metabolism and …
- 11 Sure Ways To Cause Inflammation In Your Body And What To Do Instead
Inflammation is something we’ve all experienced – it happens with minor injuries and illnesses, like a sprained ankle or a …
- Best DIY Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin
A homemade toner for acne prone skin should be two things: simple and economical. No long list of required ingredients, …
- 5 Outstanding Ways To Use Raw Honey And Coconut Oil Together
Raw Honey and coconut oil are some of the most versatile foods available. Not just because of their nutritional values …