Kidney stones – hard, small mineral deposits that form in your kidneys – are increasingly common among adults today.
While the minority of cases of kidney stones may require surgery, the majority of them – while painful – can be treated at home with plenty of water and this home kidney stones remedy.
There are several factors that can contribute to developing kidney stones, from diet to obesity to family history, but once you have them, your primary focus should be passing the kidney stones so you can get back to normal. This kidney stones remedy can be tried at home.
Try this recipe to help dissolve and pass the kidney stones more quickly.
Powerful Syrup For Melting Kidney Stones
- 1 cup pure maple syrup or 250 g powdered brown sugar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 250 g lemon (including the peel)
- 250 g ground parsley root
- 250 g organic honey
- Wash the lemon thoroughly and cut it into slices, then grind it up using a food processor.
- Dice up the parsley root and grind it up using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Blend the lemon and parsley root thoroughly, then add the honey, olive oil and maple syrup, stirring until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Drink the mixture with plenty of water.
How It Works
Citric acid commonly found in lemons and other citrus fruits (not to be confused with vitamin C or ascorbic acid) inhibits stone formation and breaks up small stones that are beginning to form. It works in a few different ways. Citrate binds with calcium in the urine, reducing the amount of calcium available to form calcium oxalate stones. It also prevents tiny calcium oxalate crystals that are already in the kidneys from growing and massing together into larger stones. It also makes the urine less acidic, which inhibits the development of both calcium oxalate and uric acid stones.
Parsley is a great natural diuretic that helps increase urine production. It can also help prevent urinary tract infections, which can be a side effect of kidney stones.
Olive oil and maple syrup serve to make this mixture more palatable. While honey provides additional health benefits. This kidney stones remedy should surely help anyone who is suffering from kidney stones.
To avoid developing kidney stones in the future, stick to a diet full of legumes and vegetables – these will not only lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, but also reduce your risk of kidney stones.
- 30 Foods For a Healthier Life
There are countless diets out there telling you what to eat, when you should eat it, how much you should …
- The 7 Benefits of Eating Coconut Oil
Move over olive oil, there’s a new healthy fat in town: coconut oil. Although some nutrition experts are dubious about …
- Natural Compound in Black Pepper Increases Curcumin Absorption Up to 2000%
Some like it hot–and it’s better for you than you think. In addition to its own antioxidant alkaloid phytochemical piperine, …
- Top 10 Sugary Breakfast Cereals to Avoid
If you think a bowl of cereal in the morning is the best way to start off your day, think …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- 5 Nutritional Hacks To Prevent Parkinson’s Disease
Don’t want to end up on a lifetime of medication to treat Parkinson’s disease? Well you don’t have to with …
- 13 Reasons To Integrate Bee Pollen Into Your Diet
Bees are best known for their honey, especially life-saving Manuka honey. But other products, like bee pollen, propolis, and royal …
- Complete List of Cancer-Fighting Foods
There are hundreds of variations of cancer; its incidence has remained steady in North America over the last decade and …
- Drinking This ONE Fruit Everyday Does Amazing Things For Your Arteries And Blood Pressure
Several studies have been done on the efficacy of pomegranate juice in reducing oxidative stress and improving overall heart health, …
- 5 Everyday Foods That Can Help Prevent Kidney Stones
The pain from having a kidney stone can be excruciating. This is why it is vital you ensure you are …
- The Truth About “Healthy” Vegetable Oils
There are good fats and bad fats. Knowing which is which sometimes seems like a chore. What’s worse is that …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- Top 10 Questionable Fast Food Additives
When it comes to fast food, some of the health concerns are obvious. Deep-fried, high-fat, sugar-packed meals are, for the …
- Be Wary of Mercury in Your Next Seafood Dinner
Mercury poisoning is more common than you think. Its incidence has increased over the years due to greater release of …
- Feel the Beet with These 5 Recipes
Beets pack a powerful antioxidant touch, and offer an earthy sweetness to dishes that feature them. They are an excellent …