Kidney stones – hard, small mineral deposits that form in your kidneys – are increasingly common among adults today.
While the minority of cases of kidney stones may require surgery, the majority of them – while painful – can be treated at home with plenty of water and this home kidney stones remedy.
There are several factors that can contribute to developing kidney stones, from diet to obesity to family history, but once you have them, your primary focus should be passing the kidney stones so you can get back to normal. This kidney stones remedy can be tried at home.
Try this recipe to help dissolve and pass the kidney stones more quickly.
Powerful Syrup For Melting Kidney Stones
- 1 cup pure maple syrup or 250 g powdered brown sugar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 250 g lemon (including the peel)
- 250 g ground parsley root
- 250 g organic honey
- Wash the lemon thoroughly and cut it into slices, then grind it up using a food processor.
- Dice up the parsley root and grind it up using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Blend the lemon and parsley root thoroughly, then add the honey, olive oil and maple syrup, stirring until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Drink the mixture with plenty of water.
How It Works
Citric acid commonly found in lemons and other citrus fruits (not to be confused with vitamin C or ascorbic acid) inhibits stone formation and breaks up small stones that are beginning to form. It works in a few different ways. Citrate binds with calcium in the urine, reducing the amount of calcium available to form calcium oxalate stones. It also prevents tiny calcium oxalate crystals that are already in the kidneys from growing and massing together into larger stones. It also makes the urine less acidic, which inhibits the development of both calcium oxalate and uric acid stones.
Parsley is a great natural diuretic that helps increase urine production. It can also help prevent urinary tract infections, which can be a side effect of kidney stones.
Olive oil and maple syrup serve to make this mixture more palatable. While honey provides additional health benefits. This kidney stones remedy should surely help anyone who is suffering from kidney stones.
To avoid developing kidney stones in the future, stick to a diet full of legumes and vegetables – these will not only lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, but also reduce your risk of kidney stones.
- Human Study Shows That Just a Handful of Walnuts a Day Can ￼Improve Brain Performance
Many people struggle with memory problems – brain fog and overall cognitive function are concerns for anyone with a chronic …
- Three Popular Spices That Can Help Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
There are many ways to lower blood sugar without medication or supplements and spices happen to be one of them. …
- Should I Eat That Peanut Butter Sandwich?
A peanut butter sandwich probably seems pretty innocuous, but is it really good for you? Let’s take apart this lunchtime …
- Eat Your Greens with These 5 Spinach Recipes
As a leafy green, spinach provides a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals. Recently, researchers have also found that the nutritional …
- Too Much Protein: Are We Eating Too Much Meat? (INFOGRAPHIC)
It’s been well established that the North American diet is too carbohydrate-heavy. Sugar overload and diet imbalance has wreaked health …
- Beware of Emulsifiers Like ‘Soy Lecithin’ Used In Processed Foods…It’s Hurting Your Gut Health!
According to a study from Georgia State University(1), there is a common ingredient in most supermarket food that may be …
- This Baby Tries Avocado For The Very First Time…That Look In Her Eyes Says It All.
The great thing about babies is that they never lie. Their reactions to all things is 100% honest and adorable. …
- Practical Guide to Sugar and Sweeteners
Sugar has definitely become the poster child of all things wrong with our health. Our overconsumption of the sweet white …
- Getting Enough Vitamins From Your Diet Can Be Tough
So long as you’re eating a healthy, balanced diet, you’re getting all the vitamins and nutrients that you need – …
- FDA Approves New Artificial Sweetener That’s 20,000 Times Sweeter Than Table Sugar.
Sweet. A new artificial no-calorie high-intensity sweetener–an aspartame derivative–has been recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for …
- 16 Herbs and Spices to Fight Diabetes That Don’t Taste Like Grass (You Won’t Regret Trying No. 10)
Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. More than 29.1 million Americans are diabetic of which 8 …
- Top 7 Foods High In Potassium And Low In Sugar
Cheap and plentiful, bananas are a popular source for potassium, an important nutrient that we all need to get from …
- Peppermint Oil Might Be the Answer to Some of Your Health Concerns
The essential oil of peppermint is used for a variety of things, and the scent is quite popular for everything …
- 9 Surprising Ingredients Used in Taco Bell’s Ground Beef
With the hullabaloo surrounding labeling food products that has escalated over the years, many consumers want to know what’s really …
- Quick Facts, Stats and Dangers of Soda Pop
Kids are heavy consumers of soft drinks, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and they are guzzling soda pop …