Kidney stones – hard, small mineral deposits that form in your kidneys – are increasingly common among adults today.
While the minority of cases of kidney stones may require surgery, the majority of them – while painful – can be treated at home with plenty of water and this home kidney stones remedy.
There are several factors that can contribute to developing kidney stones, from diet to obesity to family history, but once you have them, your primary focus should be passing the kidney stones so you can get back to normal. This kidney stones remedy can be tried at home.
Try this recipe to help dissolve and pass the kidney stones more quickly.
Powerful Syrup For Melting Kidney Stones
- 1 cup pure maple syrup or 250 g powdered brown sugar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 250 g lemon (including the peel)
- 250 g ground parsley root
- 250 g organic honey
- Wash the lemon thoroughly and cut it into slices, then grind it up using a food processor.
- Dice up the parsley root and grind it up using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Blend the lemon and parsley root thoroughly, then add the honey, olive oil and maple syrup, stirring until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Drink the mixture with plenty of water.
How It Works
Citric acid commonly found in lemons and other citrus fruits (not to be confused with vitamin C or ascorbic acid) inhibits stone formation and breaks up small stones that are beginning to form. It works in a few different ways. Citrate binds with calcium in the urine, reducing the amount of calcium available to form calcium oxalate stones. It also prevents tiny calcium oxalate crystals that are already in the kidneys from growing and massing together into larger stones. It also makes the urine less acidic, which inhibits the development of both calcium oxalate and uric acid stones.
Parsley is a great natural diuretic that helps increase urine production. It can also help prevent urinary tract infections, which can be a side effect of kidney stones.
Olive oil and maple syrup serve to make this mixture more palatable. While honey provides additional health benefits. This kidney stones remedy should surely help anyone who is suffering from kidney stones.
To avoid developing kidney stones in the future, stick to a diet full of legumes and vegetables – these will not only lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, but also reduce your risk of kidney stones.
- 6 Surprising Facts You Need to Know Before Drinking This Popular Type of Tea
Does green tea have caffeine? The answer is yes. But before you snap your fingers and opt for a different …
- Food for Thought: U.S. People Throw Out Nearly 40% of Their Food
In the mid- to late twentieth century, amid the general increase in wealth and wherewithal of the American middle class, …
- Should Supersized Sodas be Banned?
With the Mayor Michael Bloomberg proposed cap on soda sizes, consumers have taken more interest in the implications of excessively …
- Less Popular Compound Found in Turmeric Helps Brain Heal Itself, Study Finds
A bioactive compound found in turmeric could help repair brain damage, according to new data. Research published today in the …
- Wild Blueberries Offer Astounding Benefits Against Unhealthy Fats
Eating wild blueberries diminishes the adverse effects of a high-fat diet, according to a recent study at the University of …
- Reforming Picky Eaters: Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier
If your kids are ridiculously picky eaters, you’re not alone. The trick to getting your kids to eat healthy food …
- Lend Us Your Ears for 5 Corn Recipes
Corn, currently coming into season, is high in fiber and rich in antioxidants. Corn’s overuse in American cuisine – especially …
- Top 5 Fitness Fueling Foods
Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Kevin R. Stone, encourages his patients to dedicate themselves to their recovery by seeing themselves as an …
- 5 Unexpected Foods To Manage Your Waistline More Effectively
Conventional wisdom tells us to avoid many foods because of their “fattening” properties. But are these foods really as bad …
- This Fruit Will Fight Insomnia and Boost Brain Function in Minutes
“Most natural product research is market-driven and thus many plant species are overlooked for their health value due to lack …
- 5 Things To Cut Out of Your Diet Today
You want to get healthy – who doesn’t? But deciding what should and should not stay in your diet can …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- A Raw Carrot a Day Keeps Excess Estrogen at Bay
The endocrine system produces and regulates hormones in the body, telling other systems of the body what to do. From …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- Matcha Tea Health Benefits Include Over 100 Times More Antioxidants Than Regular Green Tea
The health benefits of green tea have been studied and documented. The source of these are the antioxidant and amino acid …