Kidney stones – hard, small mineral deposits that form in your kidneys – are increasingly common among adults today.
While the minority of cases of kidney stones may require surgery, the majority of them – while painful – can be treated at home with plenty of water and this home kidney stones remedy.
There are several factors that can contribute to developing kidney stones, from diet to obesity to family history, but once you have them, your primary focus should be passing the kidney stones so you can get back to normal. This kidney stones remedy can be tried at home.
Try this recipe to help dissolve and pass the kidney stones more quickly.
Powerful Syrup For Melting Kidney Stones
- 1 cup pure maple syrup or 250 g powdered brown sugar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 250 g lemon (including the peel)
- 250 g ground parsley root
- 250 g organic honey
- Wash the lemon thoroughly and cut it into slices, then grind it up using a food processor.
- Dice up the parsley root and grind it up using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Blend the lemon and parsley root thoroughly, then add the honey, olive oil and maple syrup, stirring until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Drink the mixture with plenty of water.
How It Works
Citric acid commonly found in lemons and other citrus fruits (not to be confused with vitamin C or ascorbic acid) inhibits stone formation and breaks up small stones that are beginning to form. It works in a few different ways. Citrate binds with calcium in the urine, reducing the amount of calcium available to form calcium oxalate stones. It also prevents tiny calcium oxalate crystals that are already in the kidneys from growing and massing together into larger stones. It also makes the urine less acidic, which inhibits the development of both calcium oxalate and uric acid stones.
Parsley is a great natural diuretic that helps increase urine production. It can also help prevent urinary tract infections, which can be a side effect of kidney stones.
Olive oil and maple syrup serve to make this mixture more palatable. While honey provides additional health benefits. This kidney stones remedy should surely help anyone who is suffering from kidney stones.
To avoid developing kidney stones in the future, stick to a diet full of legumes and vegetables – these will not only lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, but also reduce your risk of kidney stones.
- Massive 10-Year Study Has Linked Diet Soda To Heart Attacks And Stroke
Just because a product says “healthy”, “natural”, or “sugar-free” doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Same goes for the word …
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- 30 Simple and Effective Whole Food Substitutes to Improve Your Total Wellness Right Away
If you haven’t caught up by now, the Standard American Diet – appropriately nicknamed SAD – is horrible. It’s literally …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …