2. Add a Healthy Fat to Turmeric
Turmeric needs to be combined with a fat in order for your body to fully absorb it and experience its amazing health benefits.
When eaten with healthy fats, such as coconut, ghee or olive oil, curcumin can be directly absorbed into the bloodstream through the lymphatic system thereby in part bypassing the liver.
This is very important because less curcumin is exposed to metabolic enzymes and remains in a free form allowing it to stay in the body longer (5).
3. Heat Increases Turmeric Bioavailability
“The potent ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which, despite its power, is not easily absorbed by the body without assistance. This is where the sauté pan and a little warm oil come into play,” Dr. Sukumar explains.
“I use it [turmeric] in every sauté, just a quarter teaspoon, a half teaspoon is enough. But you don’t have to use it sparingly – use it lavishly.”
“The better way to take it, I feel, is to use it in your cooking very extensively. If you have any sauté, just sprinkle it in. The moment you heat oil and add turmeric to it, it now becomes completely bioavailable to you.”
To maximize the effectiveness of the turmeric you’re eating always make sure to do these 3 things:
- Activate turmeric by heating it up.
- Boost turmeric’s absorption by 2,000% by combining it with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix turmeric with a healthy fat to bypass the liver.
Dosage guidelines according to the University of Maryland Medical Center (6):
- Cut root: 1.5 – 3 g per day
- Dried, powdered root: 1 – 3 g per day
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- A Natural Herb To Curb Sugar Cravings (+ 8 Other Tips For Quitting Sugar!)
There’s no denying it: desserts are pleasurable to eat. They taste good on the tongue and start a chemical reaction in …
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Need To Cut Back on Fructose
Many diets, such as the Paleo diet, advise against consuming large amounts of sugar. There’s a good reason for this: …
- Feta: The World’s Healthiest Cheese That Nobody Talks About
If you’re a fan of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern food, you’re familiar with feta cheese. Its salty moist crumbliness makes …
- Amazing List of 40 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar – Plus Instructions On How To Use It!
So you may have heard about what lemon or coconut oil can do around your house, but have you heard …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Start Eating 3 Bananas Per Day – And No They Won’t Make You Fat
Health gurus are going “bananas” for bananas! When any creature naturally relies on or gravitates toward a specific food, you …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Need To Stop Throwing Away That Pickle Juice (Such a Waste!)
Pickles are a versatile and tasty snack, but when you’re finished with a jar of pickles you’re usually left with …
- 20 Foods To Alkalize Your Body And Remove Acid Build-Up
Ever wonder why refined grains and processed sugars make you feel sluggish after eating? The answer may lie in where …
- From Pharyngitis to Cold Sores: 19 Proven Ways To Use Bee Propolis
The humble but mighty honey bee is responsible for maintaining a great many different ecosystems on the planet. In addition, …
- He Switched To Eating Only One Meal Per Day And Something Very Interesting Happened
Have you ever wondered why you eat 3 meals a day? While it may seem that humans have always eaten …
- Stop Throwing Away Avocado Seeds: They’re Potent Cancer Fighters!
Avocados are rich in nutrients. But many people are not aware that avocado seeds are also an integral part of this …
- 1 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar For 60 Days Can Eliminate These Health Problems
Vinegar is definitely not a new substance. It has been in existence since at least 5000 BC when the Babylonians …
- Mangoes Destroy Cancer, Blast Fat, Reduce Cholesterol, and More
The sweet, unique, delicate flavor of a succulent mango brings the tropics to your plate. Although the tree is in …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Ingest Okra
Okra, a flowering plant from the mallow family, produces edible seed pods that are amazingly good for you. Often used …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …