2. Add a Healthy Fat to Turmeric
Turmeric needs to be combined with a fat in order for your body to fully absorb it and experience its amazing health benefits.
When eaten with healthy fats, such as coconut, ghee or olive oil, curcumin can be directly absorbed into the bloodstream through the lymphatic system thereby in part bypassing the liver.
This is very important because less curcumin is exposed to metabolic enzymes and remains in a free form allowing it to stay in the body longer (5).
3. Heat Increases Turmeric Bioavailability
“The potent ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which, despite its power, is not easily absorbed by the body without assistance. This is where the sauté pan and a little warm oil come into play,” Dr. Sukumar explains.
“I use it [turmeric] in every sauté, just a quarter teaspoon, a half teaspoon is enough. But you don’t have to use it sparingly – use it lavishly.”
“The better way to take it, I feel, is to use it in your cooking very extensively. If you have any sauté, just sprinkle it in. The moment you heat oil and add turmeric to it, it now becomes completely bioavailable to you.”
To maximize the effectiveness of the turmeric you’re eating always make sure to do these 3 things:
- Activate turmeric by heating it up.
- Boost turmeric’s absorption by 2,000% by combining it with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix turmeric with a healthy fat to bypass the liver.
Dosage guidelines according to the University of Maryland Medical Center (6):
- Cut root: 1.5 – 3 g per day
- Dried, powdered root: 1 – 3 g per day
- 8 Morning Drinks Can Flush Pounds of Toxins And Waste From Your Body In No Time
You wouldn’t think twice about bringing your car in for a tune-up—check the fluids, change the filters and otherwise make …
- Surprising Health Benefits of Peppermint
Peppermint has long been added to various products, such as candies, ice creams, gum, cakes and toothpaste, because of its …
- This Powder has More Antioxidants Than Blueberries, Iron Than Spinach and Vitamin A Than Carrots
If you’re always on the look-out for superfoods, you already know about avocados, honey, turmeric, green tea, eggs, coconut oil, …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Here’s Why Eating Coconut Oil Is Great For Your Brain, Heart And Digestive System
Long prized for its sweet flavor and high fiber content, coconut has been deemed by many health gurus to be …
- Don’t Ignore These Warning Signs of Vitamin B12 Deficiency!
Despite eating a diet rich in meat and dairy, experts believe that one in every four adults in the United …
- 13 Reasons To Integrate Bee Pollen Into Your Diet
Bees are best known for their honey, especially life-saving Manuka honey. But other products, like bee pollen, propolis, and royal …
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked To Depression, Pain, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, And Breast Cancer
Sunshine is the best way to get all the vitamin D you need. UVA rays may tan your skin, but …
- Tomato Extract: Better And Safer Blood Thinner Than Aspirin
You have no doubt heard that Aspirin can save your life if you are experiencing a heart attack or stroke. …
- THIS Type of RAW HONEY Kills Every Kind of Bacteria Scientists Could Throw At It (Even the Superbugs!)
Honey is an essential healing tool to get over the cold and flu and soothe a sore throat, but it …
- The Top Five Pesticide Soaked Fruits And Vegetables To Avoid At All Costs
Have you heard of “The Dirty Dozen”? No, not the 1967 movie. Every year, Environmental Working Group (EWG) publishes a …
- Is Your Olive Oil Lying About Its Virginity?
You’d have to live in a cave to not have heard about the health benefits of olive oil. It’s a …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- Eat 3 Dates Daily And These 6 Things Will Happen!
Just like other dried healthy snacks, if you eat dates on a daily basis, you will get tremendous health benefits. …
- Eat Half a Teaspoon of Turmeric Every Day And These 10 Things Will Happen To Your Body
Turmeric, commonly found in curry, is an increasingly popular spice. Not only is it delicious, it’s also effective in maintaining …