It is normal to experience 1-3 bowel movements per day. It is also normal to have it once every two days, but if you go only once 3 to 4 days, you are probably suffering from constipation.
Constipation doesn’t only affect your bowel movement, it may also cause pain. If you often suffer from constipation, you may actually be at higher risk of colorectal cancer and enlarged hemorrhoids.
What’s the secret to getting your bowl movement going regularly without pharmaceutical laxatives?
How To Relieve Constipation Naturally
1. Drink Warm Lemon Water
Just squeeze a lemon in a glass of warm water and drink it every morning (1). Lemon contains citric acid that helps remove toxins, and loosen up undigested foods that may be stuck to the colon walls.
2. Eat More Healthy Oil
Healthy oil will help move food within the colon (2). If you take it on a regular basis, it will also help prevent constipation by softening stool.
Just drink 1 tbsp of organic extra-virgin olive oil on empty stomach upon waking up. You can also add more healthy fats like nuts, seeds, coconut oil and avocado.
3. Eat Foods Containing Insoluble Fiber
If waste gets accumulated in your colon, it can lead to hard stools and constipation (3).
Eating insoluble fiber from fruits and veggies will work to keep your intestines clean since it doesn’t absorb liquid or become sticky.
The fiber also bulks up your stool to help you evacuate more regularly.
4. Stay Hydrated
Drink water regularly to improve digestion and regulate bowel movement (4). It is recommended to have a glass of water half an hour before taking your meals. You should also repeat the process an hour after the meal. Staying hydrated will also help improve nutrient absorption.
5. Get moving
Exercise is essential for regular bowel movements because it decreases the time it takes food to move through the large intestine (5). Aerobic exercise (like running, cycling and walking) also accelerates your breathing and heart rate, which helps to stimulate the natural contraction of intestinal muscles. In fact, Web MD lists inactivity as one of the key risk factors for constipation.
Constipation occurs so often that most people don’t take it seriously. Just because it’s common, doesn’t mean that you should let it interfere with your everyday life.
It’s always worth fixing a health problem, no matter how mild.
Just remember that if you treat your body right, it’ll reward you with a long, happy life!
- Ginger Force Cancer Cell Death More Effectively Than Chemotherapy (How to Use Ginger As Medicine)
Ginger is widely used for digestive disorders, including dyspepsia, colic, nausea, vomiting, gastritis and diarrhea (1). It’s such a staple …
- How Sugar Messes Up Your Liver and Gives You Diabetes
By now, most of us know that there’s some relationship between eating sugar and type II diabetes. But do you …
- Dutch Man Creates Device That Turns Coca Cola Back Into Pure Drinking Water
It’s been said that in some parts of the world, Coca-Cola is not only cheaper than clean drinking water, it’s …
- Bionic Ear Delivers DNA to Regrow Auditory Nerve Cells
It’s been many years since the $6-million man showed us what technology can do for the human body; at the …
- New ‘Foolproof’ Test to Detect ADHD Fails To Live Up to Its Claim and Here’s Why.
Eight to ten percent of school-age children are currently diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It is a behavioral …
- 5 Easy Superfood Recipes That Will Make You Feel Like a Champion
What makes a food a “superfood”? Many scientists are critical of the term, saying it’s applied too often to foods …
- 4 Easy Ways to Detox After Thanksgiving Day
There are many excellent methods to detox, and after indulging in a holiday feast, there is hardly a better time …
- The Psychological Health Benefits of Dog Ownership
If you think about it objectively, it’s a weird idea to have an animal living in your home, walking around …
- Popular Over-The-Counter Pills Used For Colds, Allergies And Pain Relief Linked to Dementia
We assume that over-the-counter meds for common ailments such as allergies and sleeplessness are safe. The most popular brands of these …
- Everything you Need to Know About Blood Clots
Clotting is a life-saving measure your body takes to prevent itself from bleeding out during an injury. Platelets and proteins …
- 10+ Reasons To Massage Your Feet Before Bed (From Diabetes to Insomnia)
When it comes to your overall health, your feet are probably one of the last things you’d think of. And …
- How To Make Your Own First Aid Ointment That’s Safer And Better Than The Store-Bought Stuff
Bacterial ointments are an essential part of family first aid kits. When children have a bug bite or a scraped knee, …
- Apple’s New ‘Wireless’ Headphones Emit Radiation … Right Next To Your Brain
Manufacturers of wireless technology continue to deny the toxicity of radiation emitted by their devices. Most consumers have yet to …
- High-Tech “Granny Pods” Could Be The Solution To Expensive Nursing Homes. This Is Genius!
In American society, family members tend to grow apart as they age. When they can no longer live a fully …
- How to Make Honey Ginger Cough Drops
This week I found myself with a hellishly sore throat and no cough drops in the house. Normally I *am* one …