How To Juice Wheatgrass
- Trim your grass just above its roots with a pair of garden or kitchen scissors.
- Use a masticating juicer for quick and easy juice or chop it up finely, throw in the blender and cover with water, green tea or juice.
- Pulse at high speed until smooth.
- Strain with a fine mesh strainer or use a french press to keep the grass out of your glass.
- Pour and enjoy within 15 minutes for full benefits!
Wheatgrass can taste remarkably bitter and grass-like, so some people find it easier to swallow when mixed in a smoothie.
Tropical Wheatgrass Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 2 small bananas, peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 ounces coconut water
- 4 ounces of juice from freshly juiced wheatgrass
- Add juice and fresh fruit to the blend and pulse to break it down.
- Next, add spinach and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and sweeten with honey if desired.
If you’re going to try to grow wheat grass, why not sprout sunflower seeds and alfalfa?
The method is the same as the soil-less wheatgrass, but instead of juicing the fruit of your harvest, simply add them to salads and sandwiches.