3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a superb way to clean an ear blocked with wax. Compacted wax stuck in the ear canal becomes a haven for bacteria, so this method works well to prevent and treat a mild infection (6).
How To Use :
- Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a clean bowl.
- Place the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with boiled water, making sure the water and oil don’t mix. This will warm up the solution so that it dissolves the wax easier.
- With a clean spoon or an eye dropper place a few drop of warm olive oil in the infected ear.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Lay down with the painful ear against a towel-covered pillow to help the oil come out.
4. Himalayan Salt
Salt helps to fight infections. In fact, many ear doctors rinse infected ears with a saline solution before clearing away pus and wax.
How To Use :
- Put some salt in a pan and heat it at low temperature for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the warm salt in a clean cloth and close the open end tightly, twisting it shut.
- While it is still warm, place the cloth over the ear for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times during the day. The heat will help the liquid come out from the ear and to alleviate the pain and the swelling.
5. Holy Basil Oil
In multiple studies, holy basil oil was proven to have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties (7).
How To Use :
- Mix several drops of holy basil oil with equal parts coconut oil.
- With a cotton ball, wipe it on the inside the ear, around the outer edge and behind the ear.
- Repeat the treatment twice a day, wiping away the old oil before applying the new.
6. Warm Compress
A warm compress can help alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and encourage the draining of pus from the infected ear.
How To Use :
- Soak a clean cotton cloth in warm water
- Squeeze the excess water out and put the cloth onto the painful ear. you may find it beneficial to place it behind the ear as well.
- Remove it after 5 minutes, and take a 3-5 minutes break.
- Repeat step 3-5 until the pain subsides.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral solution (8). It can be quite strong if applied directly, so it’s best to mix it with some olive oil.
How To Use :
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil and two tablespoons of olive oil into a small bowl.
- Place the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with boiled water, making sure the water and oil don’t mix.
- Once warm, gently pour the oil into the ear and wait 5 minutes.
- Lay down with the painful ear against a towel-covered pillow until the whole mixture comes out.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day for two days.
Bonus: Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Performing a self lymphatic drainage massage can help relieve inflammation and drain lymph in the affected ares.
All these natural remedies can help you treat minor ear infections. However, if your earache doesn’t subside after 5-7 days or is accompanied by a “plugged” feeling, go see a doctor, it may require more specific treatment.
- Do This at Least Once a Week and Your Face Will Look 10 Years Younger!
The 2nd worst thing about aging is that your body slowly begins to get slower than your mind. The worst …
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- Top 6 Reasons Why You’re Forgetful
Did you forget where you put your keys again? Maybe you can’t remember what you ate for dinner yesterday. Memory …
- Stress Less: How to Eliminate Stress in Your Work Life
What can you do when work stress feels overwhelming and uncontrollable? There are many steps you can take to eliminate …
- 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Kidney Disease
Kidney disease is the result of many factors including poor diet, alcohol overconsumption, and self-medication. You need to be careful of …
- 11 Best Herbs for Flushing Belly Fat, Removing Toxins and Skyrocketing Metabolism
Losing weight is hard enough on its own, so why not get a little support to boost your metabolism and …
- Instantly Rejuvenate Your Health By Fixing These 3 Bodily Systems
Health experts spend their whole lives trying to understand how the human body works and even they, themselves admit how difficult this …
- How To Get Rid of Strep Throat Fast And Without Antibiotics
A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection. Strep throat is very common and …
- Medicinal Plant Has Over 60,000 Industrial Uses And Can Fight Cancer And Other Deadly Diseases
Despite what we’ve been taught, cannabis isn’t just a popular recreational drug. The cannabis plant actually has over 60 thousand …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- This Sea “Vegetable” Is Nutritious, Fast Growing And Tastes Just Like Bacon
It’s red, leafy, and vaguely resembles some kind of lettuce, but make no mistake – this patented new strain of …
- Over 100 Highly Toxic Chemicals Are Found in Perfumes (Here’s How to Make Your Own!)
Public places such as offices and gyms are becoming increasingly intolerant of products with strong scents, like perfume. This is …
- 10-Year-Old Girl Loses Most of Her Hair After Using THIS “Natural” Beauty Product!
Brand-name designer, celebrity-endorsed personal care products are no better, no safer than any other. Touting natural ingredients and free of …
- This Is What Happens To Your Heart When You Sit Still For More Than 6 Hours At a Time
Have you ever thought about how many hours you actually spend sitting in a day? More and more studies are …