Honey and cinnamon both have incredible healing properties that can help you avoid pharmaceutical drugs.
Best of all, they taste great! Just mix a bit in some hot water, use it as a dip for fruit slices or take it straight by the spoonful!
Here’s what a bit of honey and cinnamon can do for you:
1. Lower Cholesterol
“Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day has previously been shown to significantly reduce blood sugar levels, triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and total cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes.” via HuffingtonPost
Honey, on the other hand, prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol “bad cholesterol”, which helps prevent heart disease. It can also decrease blood pressure, to ease strain on the heart and venous system (1). Just mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl and take a teaspoon with every meal.
2. Ease Arthritis Pain
Arthritis is often caused by the inflammation of tissue in the joints (3).
The Arthritis foundation suggests that you should manage your condition by getting the right nutrients to alleviate pain and inflammation and positively affect overall health (4).
Both honey and cinnamon have potent anti-inflammatory benefits (5). Just fill a cup with boiled water and stir in two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of cinnamon. Drink in the morning and evening for best results.
3. Fight Gallbladder Infection
Your gallbladder produces bile to help fat-soluble vitamins get absorbed in the intestine.
Too much cholesterol in your diet can result in gallstones, which can easily cause tears and infection. This condition can be life-threatening. via Healthline
Not only do honey and cinnamon lower cholesterol, but honey also heals damaged tissue. To enjoy, put two teaspoons of cinnamon and a large spoonful of honey to a cup of hot water.
4. Cure Colds
Both honey and cinnamon have anti-viral benefits, which are particularly effective against the influenza virus (6,7). Just take 1 teaspoon of honey with a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon every few hours if you feel a cold or flu coming on.
5. Boost Immune System
Honey and cinnamon are both immunomodulatory (8), meaning that they are capable of modifying or regulating one or more immune functions. Taking a bit of each every day helps your immune system fight off bacteria, viruses and infections.
Cinnamon can interact with certain prescription medication and may worsen existing medical conditions, so talk to you doctor before taking cinnamon regularly.
- How To Get Silky Smooth Feet With This Natural Treatment Using Baking Soda
Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that …
- 10 Insanely Easy DIY Face Scrubs
Nothing feels better for your face than an occasional deep cleansing. Leaves you feeling refreshed, healthy, and nourished. When you can …
- 10 Ways to Burn 100 Calories Without Even Trying
#1 Stand Up Stand Up! Yes, it really is that simple. By simply standing, instead of sitting, our bodies burn …
- 15 Anti-cancer Tips Gathered From The Best Natural Cancer Protocols Ever Discovered
The best method to prevent cancer from ever developing is not giving it any reasons to do so. But that isn’t …
- 40 Different Studies that Confirm GMO Foods are Destroying Your Health
You would have to be living under a rock to have not at least heard of genetically modified (GMOs) produce. The …
- The Scary Reason Europe Just Recalled This Whisky
A popular brand of alcohol in both the U.S. and overseas has recently been recalled for an unnerving reason… it’s content …
- How To Use Tomatoes To Get Rid of Varicose Veins
As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles …
- Toxins Stored In Your Fat Cells Make You Fatigued And Swollen. Here’s How To Cleanse Them.
You’ve probably noticed that excessive weight gain can lead to a plethora of health conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure …
- What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach!
Honey is often used to enhance the flavor of hot and cold beverages. It’s also used to increase the nutritional value …
- Widely Prescribed Drug Deactivates Stem Cells Responsible For Cellular Repair Causing Rapid Aging
Statins, the widely prescribed class of drugs said to lower “bad” cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart problems, has …
- Top 5 Warning Signs Of Kidney Damage You’re Ignoring
The sooner you diagnose kidney damage, the more effective your treatment. These little guys generally try to warn you of kidney damage …
- If You See This “Weed” Growing In Your Yard, Don’t Pick It! Here’s Why…
If you take a step outside your front door, how many plants in your garden are you be able to …
- 6 Plants Other Than Cannabis That Are High in Cancer-Fighting Cannabinoids
The Western medical system is finally beginning to face the fact that marijuana is not a drug: it’s a medicine. …
- Chemical in Plastic is 100X More Toxic Than Initially Suspected?! (Here’s 7 Natural Ways to Detox)
The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but …
- If You’ve Ever Woken Up Unable To Move, THIS Is What’s Happening To You…
Nightmares are something everyone experience at lest once in their lifetime: the feeling of being trapped, trying to run …