Honey and cinnamon both have incredible healing properties that can help you avoid pharmaceutical drugs.
Best of all, they taste great! Just mix a bit in some hot water, use it as a dip for fruit slices or take it straight by the spoonful!
Here’s what a bit of honey and cinnamon can do for you:
1. Lower Cholesterol
“Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day has previously been shown to significantly reduce blood sugar levels, triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and total cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes.” via HuffingtonPost
Honey, on the other hand, prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol “bad cholesterol”, which helps prevent heart disease. It can also decrease blood pressure, to ease strain on the heart and venous system (1). Just mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl and take a teaspoon with every meal.
2. Ease Arthritis Pain
Arthritis is often caused by the inflammation of tissue in the joints (3).
The Arthritis foundation suggests that you should manage your condition by getting the right nutrients to alleviate pain and inflammation and positively affect overall health (4).
Both honey and cinnamon have potent anti-inflammatory benefits (5). Just fill a cup with boiled water and stir in two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of cinnamon. Drink in the morning and evening for best results.
3. Fight Gallbladder Infection
Your gallbladder produces bile to help fat-soluble vitamins get absorbed in the intestine.
Too much cholesterol in your diet can result in gallstones, which can easily cause tears and infection. This condition can be life-threatening. via Healthline
Not only do honey and cinnamon lower cholesterol, but honey also heals damaged tissue. To enjoy, put two teaspoons of cinnamon and a large spoonful of honey to a cup of hot water.
4. Cure Colds
Both honey and cinnamon have anti-viral benefits, which are particularly effective against the influenza virus (6,7). Just take 1 teaspoon of honey with a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon every few hours if you feel a cold or flu coming on.
5. Boost Immune System
Honey and cinnamon are both immunomodulatory (8), meaning that they are capable of modifying or regulating one or more immune functions. Taking a bit of each every day helps your immune system fight off bacteria, viruses and infections.
Cinnamon can interact with certain prescription medication and may worsen existing medical conditions, so talk to you doctor before taking cinnamon regularly.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …