All electrical appliances and wiring in your home emit EMFs: Electrical Magnetic Fields.
Electromagnetic Radiation is a form of energy that can cause changes in the space surrounding electronic devices. The invisible fields impacts your cells and can cause debilitating health effects. In modern homes, this kind of radiation is ever-present (1).
Other health effects include (4):
- Blood cells damage
- Nerve damage
- Elevated risk of autism and Alzheimer’s
- Eye & ear damage
- Sleep disruption
- Salivary gland tumors
- Decreased bone density
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity
- Abnormal heart rate
- Unstable blood pressure
More On EMFs
In 2007, the Bioinitiative Working Group, an international collaboration of scientists and public health experts from the Austria, China, Denmark, Sweden and the United States, released a 650-page report which cites more than 2,000 studies that chronicle the toxic effects of EMFs.
They found that chronic exposure to even low-level radiation can cause a variety of cancers, impair immunity, and contribute to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, heart disease, and many other ailments (4).
The number of studies published on the subject have now reached 8,000.
In fact, the World Health organization has even classified radio frequency radiation as “possibly carcinogenic” to humans and the IARC has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as the same.
As it stands, multiple studies link these kind of radiation to increased instances of childhood leukemia and brain tumors. The younger you are when you’re exposed to EMFs, the more likely you are to develop these health conditions (5).
And while many countries have yet to instill protective measures to keep their citizens safe, nearly all developed nations have documented the phenomena.
In 2001, Sweden even recognized Electromagnetic Hypersentistivity (EHS) as a functional impairment. The country estimated that over 3% of the population experiences severe symptoms related to EMF exposure. In other developed nations, this number fluctuates between 3-8%.
And that’s not all, another 35-50% of the population experiences these symptoms moderately. The World Health Organization now recognizes the condition as a growing world health concern (6).
A Shocking Case Study
Now days, many schools are equipped with computers, tablets and smart boards meant to facilitate learning. Unfortunately, these new technologies used in schools are increasing EMF exposure for students and personnel.
In one California school, these technologies began taking a toll of the health of its teachers. In 1990, sixth-grade teacher named Gayle Cohen found that the onset of technology in her classroom left her and her colleges feeling weak and dizzy (7).
For months she struggled to understand the connection between her fatigue and the environment in her classroom. However, just a few years after the arrival of the computers, one of her fellow teachers developed cancer and died.
It wasn’t long before another colleague was diagnosed with throat cancer. As the years went by, more faculty members and students developed strange diseases. Eventually, Cohen was diagnosed with breast cancer.
“That’s when I sat down with another teacher, and we remarked on all the cancers we’d seen,” she says. “We immediately thought of a dozen colleagues who had either gotten sick or passed away.”
In just 15 years, 16 staff members among the 137 who’d worked at the new school had been diagnosed with 18 cancers. This ratio was 3 times higher than average. Additionally, a dozen cancers had been detected in former students. Some had even died from the disease.
When EMF levels were examined by Sam Milham, MD, an epidemiologist, he found that the the surges of transient pollution exceeded his meter’s ability to gauge them.
this led to a complaint filed to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which in turn lead to a full investigation by the California Department of Health Care Services.
The result was shocking: exposure to the fields in Cohen’s school increased the likelihood a teacher would develop cancer by 64%. In just the first year of working with computers in her classroom, Cohen had increased her risk of cancer by 21%. That’s not all, the faculty member’s risks of developing melanoma, thyroid cancer, and uterine cancer were up to 13 times higher than the national average.
How To Minimize EMF Exposure
There are a lot of things ways you can protect yourself and your family without having to giv eup modern comforts.
- Don’t buy a microwave, simply reheat your food in the oven or on the stove.
- Don’t put your laptop on your lap, instead work at a desk
- Limit cell phone use, especially in low reception areas.
- Don’t carry your phone on your body, store it in a case or in your bag.
- Keep cell phones, tablets and other electrical devices away from children under 12 yrs.
- Keep the electronics out of the bedroom, it’ll help you sleep better too!
- Consider ditching your Wi-Fi in favour of ethernet cables
- Turn Off Your Wi-Fi at night.
- Stay far away from Wi-Fi towers.
- Get rid of your digital alarm clock in favor of a battery powered one.
- Let your hair dry naturally.
- Avoid electric blankets, use hot water bottles instead!
- Remove Smart Meters, which are quite controversial and harmful.
- Swap your ereader for a paperback.
- Unplug and spend time outdoors.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …