All electrical appliances and wiring in your home emit EMFs: Electrical Magnetic Fields.
Electromagnetic Radiation is a form of energy that can cause changes in the space surrounding electronic devices. The invisible fields impacts your cells and can cause debilitating health effects. In modern homes, this kind of radiation is ever-present (1).
Other health effects include (4):
- Blood cells damage
- Nerve damage
- Elevated risk of autism and Alzheimer’s
- Eye & ear damage
- Sleep disruption
- Salivary gland tumors
- Decreased bone density
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity
- Abnormal heart rate
- Unstable blood pressure
More On EMFs
In 2007, the Bioinitiative Working Group, an international collaboration of scientists and public health experts from the Austria, China, Denmark, Sweden and the United States, released a 650-page report which cites more than 2,000 studies that chronicle the toxic effects of EMFs.
They found that chronic exposure to even low-level radiation can cause a variety of cancers, impair immunity, and contribute to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, heart disease, and many other ailments (4).
The number of studies published on the subject have now reached 8,000.
In fact, the World Health organization has even classified radio frequency radiation as “possibly carcinogenic” to humans and the IARC has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as the same.
As it stands, multiple studies link these kind of radiation to increased instances of childhood leukemia and brain tumors. The younger you are when you’re exposed to EMFs, the more likely you are to develop these health conditions (5).
And while many countries have yet to instill protective measures to keep their citizens safe, nearly all developed nations have documented the phenomena.
In 2001, Sweden even recognized Electromagnetic Hypersentistivity (EHS) as a functional impairment. The country estimated that over 3% of the population experiences severe symptoms related to EMF exposure. In other developed nations, this number fluctuates between 3-8%.
And that’s not all, another 35-50% of the population experiences these symptoms moderately. The World Health Organization now recognizes the condition as a growing world health concern (6).
A Shocking Case Study
Now days, many schools are equipped with computers, tablets and smart boards meant to facilitate learning. Unfortunately, these new technologies used in schools are increasing EMF exposure for students and personnel.
In one California school, these technologies began taking a toll of the health of its teachers. In 1990, sixth-grade teacher named Gayle Cohen found that the onset of technology in her classroom left her and her colleges feeling weak and dizzy (7).
For months she struggled to understand the connection between her fatigue and the environment in her classroom. However, just a few years after the arrival of the computers, one of her fellow teachers developed cancer and died.
It wasn’t long before another colleague was diagnosed with throat cancer. As the years went by, more faculty members and students developed strange diseases. Eventually, Cohen was diagnosed with breast cancer.
“That’s when I sat down with another teacher, and we remarked on all the cancers we’d seen,” she says. “We immediately thought of a dozen colleagues who had either gotten sick or passed away.”
In just 15 years, 16 staff members among the 137 who’d worked at the new school had been diagnosed with 18 cancers. This ratio was 3 times higher than average. Additionally, a dozen cancers had been detected in former students. Some had even died from the disease.
When EMF levels were examined by Sam Milham, MD, an epidemiologist, he found that the the surges of transient pollution exceeded his meter’s ability to gauge them.
this led to a complaint filed to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which in turn lead to a full investigation by the California Department of Health Care Services.
The result was shocking: exposure to the fields in Cohen’s school increased the likelihood a teacher would develop cancer by 64%. In just the first year of working with computers in her classroom, Cohen had increased her risk of cancer by 21%. That’s not all, the faculty member’s risks of developing melanoma, thyroid cancer, and uterine cancer were up to 13 times higher than the national average.
How To Minimize EMF Exposure
There are a lot of things ways you can protect yourself and your family without having to giv eup modern comforts.
- Don’t buy a microwave, simply reheat your food in the oven or on the stove.
- Don’t put your laptop on your lap, instead work at a desk
- Limit cell phone use, especially in low reception areas.
- Don’t carry your phone on your body, store it in a case or in your bag.
- Keep cell phones, tablets and other electrical devices away from children under 12 yrs.
- Keep the electronics out of the bedroom, it’ll help you sleep better too!
- Consider ditching your Wi-Fi in favour of ethernet cables
- Turn Off Your Wi-Fi at night.
- Stay far away from Wi-Fi towers.
- Get rid of your digital alarm clock in favor of a battery powered one.
- Let your hair dry naturally.
- Avoid electric blankets, use hot water bottles instead!
- Remove Smart Meters, which are quite controversial and harmful.
- Swap your ereader for a paperback.
- Unplug and spend time outdoors.
- 5 Alarming Ways Chronic Stress Is Destroying Your Brain And What You Can Do About It
Not all stress is bad for you. Some forms of stress serve to sharpen your focus and push you to …
- 5 Outstanding Ways To Use Raw Honey And Coconut Oil Together
Raw Honey and coconut oil are some of the most versatile foods available. Not just because of their nutritional values …
- A Japanese Device Claims to Fix Ingrown Toenails at Home in Just 30 Minutes
Ingrown toenails are annoying, and we’re almost all experienced them. They seem to come out of nowhere, and can linger …
- Add These Three Ingredients To Your Shampoo And Say Goodbye To Hair Loss Forever
We usual associate hair loss with men, but it can actually be a really big problem for women. In fact, …
- 7 Surprising Benefits You Get From Listening to More Music
Music is a universal language that doesn’t need to be translated to be understood by people from around the world. …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Remedy Before Breakfast To Detox Your Fatty Liver
Your liver filters your blood and eliminates any toxins it may contain. It also plays a role in metabolism and …
- Robert Kennedy Jr. Leads Lawsuit To Sue Monsanto For Cancer-Causing Roundup Weed Killer
In the two years since the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) declared the active ingredient …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …
- Study: Drinking Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer to you and me, could have its chances of developing …
- Here’s Why You Should Never, Ever Clean Your Ears With a Q-Tip
If you’ve ever heard that you shouldn’t stick anything in your ears for any reason, you should heed that advice. …
- 4 Surprising Ways Reading Is Good For You
Who doesn’t love to snuggle up with coffee or hot cocoa with a good book? If you are one of …
- Turmeric Protects Skin from UVB Radiation and Aging, Concludes Japanese Study
The Holy Powder of India, turmeric, is spreading its healing influence around the world, blessing the open mind with its …
- 7 Everyday Items That Are Actually Harmful
Everyday people perform a variety of common tasks that seem normal. Many of these everyday things are actually hurting us. …
- How To Use Manuka Honey To Fight Inflammation, Diabetes And Cancer
Honey is one of nature’s greatest gifts. As well as being a nutritious and delicious food, the golden syrup has …
- ‘Broken Promises of Genetically Modified Crops:’ Huge NY Times Investigation Exposes the Truth About GMOs, Monsanto’s Biggest Lies
Let’s face it, Monsanto has gotten away with crimes even the most hardened criminals would never even imagine doing. And …