We found a fantastic, simple juice recipe for immune system support. It’s a tasty, healthy drink made with pure fruit and veg, and is full of nutrients such as antioxidants and amino acids. You’ll need a blender or juicer of course.
The immune system of the human body is highly complex – as it needs to be able to detect and do battle against a wide variety of invaders including viruses, parasites and bacteria. The human immune system even has the ability to adapt over time, leading to “adaptive immunity” – an enhanced response in later encounters with the same pathogen.
Without our immune system, we would not have made much past the first days of our existence. To keep this awesome, often overlooked part of your body up and going strong, try making this tasty fruity drink and enjoying it daily.
- ½ cup 1 inch cubed watermelon
- ½ cup 1 inch cubed cantaloupe
- ¼ cup apple, cut into smallish chunks
- 2 cups of organic carrot juice
- Chop ½ cup each of watermelon and cantaloupe into 1 inch cubes.
- Slice up an apple into chunks, and toss all your fruit in the blender.
- Add 2 cups of organic carrot juice, and blend until desired consistency has been reached.
More juice will make it thinner, while less will yield a thicker blend. Enjoy 1-2 times daily.
What does this drink do exactly?
This drink is rich in antioxidants and amino acids, and enjoying it daily will serve a couple of benefits. The apple is packed with antioxidants, which help rid your body of free-radicals-free radicals can damage the immune system.
The melon and carrot juice are chock full of amino acids, which are needed to trigger the response of our T cells to rid our body of invaders.
What steps do you take to boost your immune system? Let us know in the comments section!
- 5 Ways to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
IMAGINE HAVING A CONDITION with symptoms so severe that you can’t leave the house, yet your doctor calls it a …
- Walking 3 Times a Week For 1 Hour Improves Brain Activity and Cognitive Thinking In Dementia Patients
Regular diet and exercise are encouraged for anyone, no matter their age or health. But a recent study found that …
- The Connection Between Stress and Oral Health
There has been an outpouring of information on the relationship between stress and health, but a frequently ignored result of …
- 9 Foods to Naturally Increase Melatonin for Better Sleep
If you suffer from occasional insomnia or if it’s a nightly battle for you, you’ve likely looked at all of …
- Healthy 16-Year-Old Teen Dies of Heart Complications After Drinking Too Much Caffeine
In small doses, caffeine can offer quite a few health benefits. However, too much of it and it can quickly …
- Thyroid Cancer Screening Unnecessary; Risks Outweigh Benefits
Recent radio ads featuring Rod Stewart are encouraging everyone to get screened for thyroid cancer. However, unless you already have …
- Study: Turmeric more Effective than Prozac at Treating Depression
It’s common knowledge in the natural health world that pharmaceuticals often (if not always) do more harm than good. It’s …
- This Syrup Will Stop a Cough Dead in its Tracks – Ginger Thyme Cough Syrup
Finding the best cough syrup for adults and/or children isn’t easy. But it’s well worth the effort since coughs often …
- This Almond and Kale Smoothie Contains All The Nutrients You Need For Stronger Bones
Osteoporosis is a common condition that develops as we age. The elements of bone begin to decay, making them brittle …
- This Type of Exercise Can Boost Brain Power
You may not know it, but exercising can have remarkable effects on the brain. Recent studies have shown a number …
- How Losing Your Job can Lead to a Heart Attack
Losing a job can dampen your spirit. Whether you’re laid-off or fired, being in the ranks of the jobless can make …
- 7 Common Foods To Detoxify Your Liver Naturally
The primary way in which your body expels toxins is via the liver, which detoxifies and cleanses your body by …
- 5 Osteoporosis Preventing Tips That Are Way More Important Than Getting Enough Calcium
Broken bones are perhaps one of the most unpleasant and easily avoidable side effects of aging. Unfortunately, many women don’t …
- Bloated? Anxious? Nobody Told You These 5 Essential Oils Can Help Reset Your Hormones
Hormones aren’t something anyone gives much thought, but when they aren’t balanced, they may lead to serious health problems. In …
- 8 Symptoms of Endometriosis Many Doctors Don’t Recognize
Endometriosis is one of the least understood female conditions. Despite the fact that roughly 1 in 10 women of reproductive …