Nothing is more inconvenient than a spring cold – that’s why this recipe is such a lifesaver. If you’re feeling a cold or flu coming on, whip up a batch of this tart juice shot and take it regularly. It can help aid digestion, fight inflammation, and give your immune system a much-needed boost. Best of all, it’s made from ingredients that you can find at most health food or high-end grocery stores, so it’s accessible and easy to make.
The ingredients that make up this juice shot are known for their potent medicinal effects, and there’s real science to back up the claim that they can help your body prevent and recover from illness and injury. You’ll need a simple fine cheese grater to grate the turmeric, and a food processor or juicer to blend the ingredients, but overall this recipe is simple and easy to prepare.
Cranberry-Turmeric Juice Shot Recipe
- 1 handful fresh cranberries (frozen will do if you can’t find fresh ones)
- 1 lime
- 1 inch-long piece of turmeric root
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 cups coconut water or regular water (coconut water will give a sweeter taste)
Peel the lime, then grate the turmeric root and blend the ingredients well using a food processor or juicer. Add honey to taste – you may need to add more if you like a sweeter drink. Serve in shot glasses and take it twice a day. Even if you’re not feeling sick, this can be a great pick-me-up during the day! Try taking it in the morning with your breakfast, or in the late afternoon after you’re done with work for the day.
How It Works
Turmeric is famous for its inflammation-fighting abilities, making it essential when your body is fighting off an infection(1). Much like over-the-counter anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen, it can also help with pain relief as well.
Cranberry is chock-full of vitamin C, which has an important role to play in promoting your immune system. Cranberries have been used in traditional herbal medicine for generations(2), and with good reason – studies have shown that they have numerous health benefits, including preventing oral diseases(3).
The combination of these two natural medicines is particularly potent, and taking them in a freshly prepared juice shot is better for your body than taking them in capsules. So next time you start to feel like something’s “off” in your body, try this vitamin C-rich drink.
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- This Turmeric-Lentil Soup Will Protect You From Type 2 Diabetes, Dementia and Cancer
Soup is one of the best ways to get a variety of nutrients while staying properly hydrated. Whether it’s finding …
- 27 Must-Try Avocado Recipes for You and Your Family
Avocados are a health nut’s favorite fruit, and rightly so. Packed with nutrients, delicious fats, filling fiber, and creamy goodness, …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Easy To Make Lemon Lavender Pancakes (With Coconut Flour and Homemade Almond Milk)
Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food. While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Avocados
The avocado, which is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, boasts a wide array of health benefits. Rich in fiber, …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …