There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test of time.
An Indian home remedy used to cure nausea, vomiting, and intestinal worms, it can also be used to detox the body – the ingredients have strong anti-inflammatory properties and are great for settling your stomach, and can also be used to slow the development of Alzheimer’s – and it tastes great, too! What’s not to love?
Detox after a night out or just every day with this tea and your body will thank you, especially if you suffer from stomach pain or indigestion.
Ancient Detox Tea Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1/6 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or organic regular milk
- Pinch of cardamom organic honey to taste
Mix the spices together in a bowl, then add them to 1 cup of boiling water and let steep for five minutes. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk and honey to taste.
How It Works
Turmeric is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects, but did you know it’s also great for your liver and can repair damage done to the body by epileptic seizures? It can also help boost your memory and fight off Alzheimer’s.
No wonder this spice is so popular in Indian cooking!
Cloves are a natural antioxidant, much more effective than synthetic antioxidants and often used to treat upset stomachs and bad breath.
Loaded with these healthy ingredients, this detox tea is not only fragrant and delicious with a light, spicy taste, it’s excellent for you, especially if you’re suffering from an upset stomach, indigestion, fatigue or muscle pain.
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- How To Make a Simple Remineralizing Toothpaste At Home
With so many commercially available toothpastes on the market, why make your own? Aside from the satisfaction of knowing exactly …
- 34 Gluten-Free Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
Using a crockpot for cooking is a convenient way to prepare your own healthy meals. This is especially true for …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …