There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test of time.
An Indian home remedy used to cure nausea, vomiting, and intestinal worms, it can also be used to detox the body – the ingredients have strong anti-inflammatory properties and are great for settling your stomach, and can also be used to slow the development of Alzheimer’s – and it tastes great, too! What’s not to love?
Detox after a night out or just every day with this tea and your body will thank you, especially if you suffer from stomach pain or indigestion.
Ancient Detox Tea Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1/6 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or organic regular milk
- Pinch of cardamom organic honey to taste
Mix the spices together in a bowl, then add them to 1 cup of boiling water and let steep for five minutes. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk and honey to taste.
How It Works
Turmeric is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects, but did you know it’s also great for your liver and can repair damage done to the body by epileptic seizures? It can also help boost your memory and fight off Alzheimer’s.
No wonder this spice is so popular in Indian cooking!
Cloves are a natural antioxidant, much more effective than synthetic antioxidants and often used to treat upset stomachs and bad breath.
Loaded with these healthy ingredients, this detox tea is not only fragrant and delicious with a light, spicy taste, it’s excellent for you, especially if you’re suffering from an upset stomach, indigestion, fatigue or muscle pain.
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- This Lifesaving Ancient Cold and Flu Remedy is so Effective Even Hippocrates Would Recommend It!
Trying to navigate your way through the flu season can be quite the challenge. Especially, if you’re taking public transit. And …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- 5 Heart-Healthy Avocado Recipes That Will Supercharge Your Body
Avocados are a surprising food in that, although they are high in fat, they are actually helpful when trying to …
- 5 Interesting Uses of Green Tea
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant properties that aid in a myriad of health benefits, including the classic …
- Make This Delicious And Easy Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe Using ONLY 3 Ingredients
If you’re lactose intolerant or simply prefer vegan recipes, you’ll love this! This vegan whipped cream is unlike anything you’ve …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …