A man named Bernardo LaPallo is over 110 years old, although most would think he is younger.
Like many living to be his age, LaPallo credits his long life with eating a lot of organic fruit and vegetables, while avoiding other foods like the plague.
He especially recognizes these 5 foods, a secret passed down to him by his father which he believes is the key to his longevity.
Bernardo puts it simply, “You are what you eat!” Check out the video below to see what he has to say.
So What Are the 5 foods?
1. Garlic – If you aren’t already a fan of garlic, you will likely load up your kitchen with the food after reading all it has to offer. From preventing cancer to detoxifying the body, to treating ailments like a toothache or cough, garlic is something you should be eating every day.
2. Honey – Honey has long been among the top superfoods used to treat countless health conditions and boost overall health. This amazing bee-product possesses antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties – making it one of the most beneficial foods to consume.
3. Cinnamon – Particularly rich in fiber, manganese, and calcium while being used for thousands of years as a flavorful spice and medicine, cinnamon truly has made it’s mark in numerous cultures. It can be especially helpful in aiding with diabetes, preventing cancer, and halting arthritis.
4. Chocolate – The real, unadulterated form of chocolate, derived from the Theobroma cacao tree, is a heaven-sent super food that can keep us healthy even as we indulge in its delectable taste. Real chocoalte is packed full of plant-derived flavanols, full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory constituents and health-boosting ingredients that do all sorts of amazing things for our bodies and minds.
5. Olive oil – Olive oil is rich in beneficial fats which keep both your heart and brain healthy, preventing cognitive decline and risk of cardiovascular disease.
Of course, lifestyle still remains the most important factor in determining not only how long you live, but the quality of your long life.
Here’s 8 Other Longevity Secrets
- Exercise both physically and mentally.
- Consume a diet low in salt, high in fruits and vegetables, and contain plenty of fiber and antioxidants.
3. Don’t overeat. Practice what is called hara hachi bu, which means “8 parts out of 10, full,” and never eat so that they are stuffed, but just mostly sated.
4. Consume a diet high in vitamin E.
- Drink Herbal Tea. The health benefits of green tea are amazing.
- Take a Nap. Something as simple as an afternoon siesta can reduce your risk of cardiovascular problems including heart attack, and it can help you feel more energized and well-rested in the afternoon.
- Eat more fresh Vegetables. Among the obvious secrets of longevity, consuming vegetables is key, whether they be full vegetables or the more healthful microgreens.
- Relax. Reducing stress is becoming more well known among the secrets of longevity and good health. Stress can greatly increase your risk of numerous diseases as well as dangerous behavior.
- Gluten Can Cause Depression, Migraines, Headaches and Other Neurological Disorders, Study Suggests
When you think of wheat, protein is probably not your first association. But did you know that this seemingly healthy …
- Work Before Ten AM Is “Torture”: Here’s How To Have More Energy
Waking up in the morning is easy, but getting out of bed with energy is hard. Since we can’t create …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …
- Undeniable Link Between Aerobic Exercise and Memory Will Make You Think Twice About Taking The Elevator
Researchers from Michigan State University have published a study that looked at the effect of exercise on the brain. We all …
- After No Deodorant For A Year – Something Very Curious Happened To Her Body
Using deodorant and shaving are hallmarks of hygiene, but are they really necessary ? As we’ve mentioned before, long term …
- These Folks Converted Their Swimming Pool Into a Self-Sufficient Farm and It’s Awesome
Drought, climate conditions, and pollution are major factors concerning agriculturists. Drought can be overcome with drought-resistant plants, climate-controlled environments can …
- Top 7 Ways to Reduce Fluoride Exposure
In 1945, Grand Rapids, Michigan became the first US city to fluoridate the public water supply. The idea quickly caught …
- How The Sugar Industry Paid Harvard Researchers to Say Fat (Not Sugar) Caused Heart Disease
As you might have noticed, sugar has now undergone the same criticism that fat and cholesterol once had. For over …
- She Needed a Blender For Her Cancer-Stricken Mother…What She Got Instead Will Warm Your Heart!
Juicing is one of those things that can help improve just about anyone’s health. It doesn’t matter how sick you are, …
- 5 Natural Alternatives To Ibuprofen To Help You Manage Chronic Pain and Inflammation
A recent report from Reuters has shed some light on the darker side of over-the-counter anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen. According to …
- Soak Your Whites In Baking Soda Water For THIS Genius Reason!
Most people find themselves thinking twice before purchasing a classic white blouse or shirt. The fact is that white clothing …
- 10 Surprising Ways Eating Dark Chocolate is Good for The Body
Many people may not know it, but there are actually numerous health benefits to eating chocolate. The real, unadulterated form of …
- This Old School Russian Remedy Will Clean Out Your Liver With Only ONE Ingredient!
We find ourselves damaging our liver almost all the time; eating all the wrong foods and indulging in bad habits. …
- Doctors Are Urging You To Stop Feeding Your Children Hot Dogs – Here’s Why
Among American favorites is the Hot Dog – a fourth of July staple that’s eaten at least once a week …
- Terrifying Warning For All Mums of Boys This Summer
It’s that time of year again! Warm, sunny days spent poolside or playing on a sandy beach. It’s what kids …