A man named Bernardo LaPallo is over 110 years old, although most would think he is younger.
Like many living to be his age, LaPallo credits his long life with eating a lot of organic fruit and vegetables, while avoiding other foods like the plague.
He especially recognizes these 5 foods, a secret passed down to him by his father which he believes is the key to his longevity.
Bernardo puts it simply, “You are what you eat!” Check out the video below to see what he has to say.
So What Are the 5 foods?
1. Garlic – If you aren’t already a fan of garlic, you will likely load up your kitchen with the food after reading all it has to offer. From preventing cancer to detoxifying the body, to treating ailments like a toothache or cough, garlic is something you should be eating every day.
2. Honey – Honey has long been among the top superfoods used to treat countless health conditions and boost overall health. This amazing bee-product possesses antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties – making it one of the most beneficial foods to consume.
3. Cinnamon – Particularly rich in fiber, manganese, and calcium while being used for thousands of years as a flavorful spice and medicine, cinnamon truly has made it’s mark in numerous cultures. It can be especially helpful in aiding with diabetes, preventing cancer, and halting arthritis.
4. Chocolate – The real, unadulterated form of chocolate, derived from the Theobroma cacao tree, is a heaven-sent super food that can keep us healthy even as we indulge in its delectable taste. Real chocoalte is packed full of plant-derived flavanols, full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory constituents and health-boosting ingredients that do all sorts of amazing things for our bodies and minds.
5. Olive oil – Olive oil is rich in beneficial fats which keep both your heart and brain healthy, preventing cognitive decline and risk of cardiovascular disease.
Of course, lifestyle still remains the most important factor in determining not only how long you live, but the quality of your long life.
Here’s 8 Other Longevity Secrets
- Exercise both physically and mentally.
- Consume a diet low in salt, high in fruits and vegetables, and contain plenty of fiber and antioxidants.
3. Don’t overeat. Practice what is called hara hachi bu, which means “8 parts out of 10, full,” and never eat so that they are stuffed, but just mostly sated.
4. Consume a diet high in vitamin E.
- Drink Herbal Tea. The health benefits of green tea are amazing.
- Take a Nap. Something as simple as an afternoon siesta can reduce your risk of cardiovascular problems including heart attack, and it can help you feel more energized and well-rested in the afternoon.
- Eat more fresh Vegetables. Among the obvious secrets of longevity, consuming vegetables is key, whether they be full vegetables or the more healthful microgreens.
- Relax. Reducing stress is becoming more well known among the secrets of longevity and good health. Stress can greatly increase your risk of numerous diseases as well as dangerous behavior.
- Use This Homemade Probiotic Deodorant To Rebalance The Good Bacteria On Your Skin
“Probiotic” is talked about so much in health food and health blog circles that it can start to seem like a …
- California Senate Passes Bill To Stop Pharmaceutical Companies From Giving Gifts To Doctors
Pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars marketing drugs to doctors. But one state in particular takes the cake, California. That’s …
- Here’s What THESE 5 Doctors Have To Say About Vaccines (You’ll Want To Hear This For Yourself!)
Let’s be honest, the subject of vaccines is pretty controversial, regardless of what side of the debate you stand on. …
- 5 Easy Steps To Detox, Heal And Rejuvenate Your Liver
The liver isn’t something that people think about when they’re healthy. However, as you age, it becomes increasingly critical that you …
- 10 Most Overlooked Causes of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that causes widespread aching, stiffness and burning pain that spreads to other local areas of …
- A Tide of Evidence Washes Away Flawed Fish Oil Prostate Cancer Study
We hear about omega fatty acids all the time. The one thing everyone agrees on is that they are required …
- Germany to Legalize Medical Marijuana Next Year
Germany recently passed legislation authorizing the use of cannabis for medical use, following suit of nineteen other countries that have decriminalized …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- 8 Things You’re Doing That Drive Your Doctor Crazy
With the availability of information constant and instant, many people are taking their health into their own hands, doing research …
- 4 Delicious Foods You Can Eat Right Now To Help You Sleep Better
According to the US Center For Disease Control, somewhere between 50 and 70 million American adults struggle with some form …
- U.S. Bill HR4432 Would Pre-empt States’ Regulations on GMO Labeling
Last year, a bill was introduced in Congress to override individual states’ requirements for labeling food that contains genetically-modified organisms …
- This Is What Happens To Your Heart When You Sit Still For More Than 6 Hours At a Time
Have you ever thought about how many hours you actually spend sitting in a day? More and more studies are …
- Take a Castor Oil Detox Bath for Pain Relief and Organ Health
Many people over the age of 60 can remember their mothers compelling them to drink a spoonful of castor oil …
- How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Clothes Without Using An Iron – 10 Simple Tricks!
With our increasingly busy schedules and “always on the go” attitude, we can often find our favorite outfit looking a …
- 5 Ways to Reduce Inflammation Naturally
Inflammation is categorized as a condition that is physical and in which a certain part of the body becomes swollen, …