Digestion: Where It All Begins
The body’s ability to detox starts with the digestive system, in the villae of the small intestine. The “lacteals” in the villae are part of the lymphatic system and they pull nutrients and fat-soluble toxins off the intestinal wall.
If the gut is constipated or there is excessive reactive mucus bogging down the villi, the lymph and its white blood cells may not provide immunity or detoxification.
The highest concentration of lymph is found lining the outside of the gut wall and is called the Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue (GALT).
The skin of the intestinal tract is constantly being exposed to toxins and undesirable microbes that could present a problem. So, the body has an immunity army waiting in the GALT just across the wall of the gut.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
Lymph vessels are also found under our skin throughout the body. These vessels support circulation, drainage of waste and immunity. When the lymph flow slows, the skin will appear dull and toxins will build up.
Since the lymph moves against gravity, it is common for the lymph and veins to congest, yielding an unsightly appearance in the feet, legs, thighs, hips, belly and arms.
Dr Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a gentle rhythmical technique that gently works on the lymphatic vessels to enhance the flow of lymph throughout the body’s tissues.
MLD also helps to support the healthy function of the immune system and the autonomic nervous system, thereby reducing stress. The therapy cleanses the connective tissue of wastes, thus decongesting and reducing edema, pain and swelling.
Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy
- Faster recovery and less scarring from surgery and other types of trauma by making lymph flow faster and stimulating the formation of new connections between lymph vessels
- Clears congestive conditions such as chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, acne, and headaches
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relieves heaviness tightness and swelling in those suffering from lymphedema.
- Increases overall relaxation by decreasing stress
- Relieves retention of fluids during pregnancy and menstrual cycle
- Decreases local edemas and hematomas from orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery scars, and burn scars; leading to a decreased in healing time and increase in client mobility
- People who suffer from insomnia, stress, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatism benefit greatly from MLD