5. Heal Migraines
Wild Lettuce may reduce the frequency and severity of migraine headaches, especially if taken in tincture form (11).
6. For Coughs And Asthma
According to the HerbDoc.com, wild lettuce can be used for “Irritation of the bronchial tubes, lungs, and a cough”. Plus, it has expectorant properties that are effective for “easing bronchitis, asthma, and dry, irritating coughs by helping to loosen and expel phlegm from the respiratory tract.”
How To Use Wild Lettuce
You can buy wild lettuce as a tea, tincture or supplement. Some people also dry the plant and smoke them in a pipe, but we don’t recommend inhaling the herb.
Here’s how you can use it (12):
- For pain, the dose is 1.5 grams of opium lettuce sap infused in a tea.
- Just 0.25 grams are required if smoked in a pipe, as it is considerably more potent in this form.
- If using a supplement, take 30 to 120 milligrams before bed.
- In tincture form, use 12-24 drops daily for acute stress or anxiety.
- Take 12-24 drops every 15 minutes for 1 or 2 hours before bed for insomnia.