8. You’re Drizzling Processed Dressing On Your Greens
Most salad dressings at the grocery store are full of preservatives, sugar, sodium and other questionable ingredients. The worst contenders are labeled “fat-free” or “low calorie”.
Try making your own salad dressing instead. You’ll know exactly what it’s made and it’ll taste exactly how you like it.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
(Makes About 1 Cup)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh-ground pepper (to taste)
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a jar with a tight lid.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Put on the lid and shake.
- Taste and adjust the salt, pepper or other ingredients to taste.
- Store in refrigerator and shake before use
For an extra kick, try a spoonful of mustard, minced shallots, minced garlic, minced fresh herbs or spoonful of honey or brown sugar.
This recipe should stay fresh for a few weeks depending on the ingredients used.