1. Basic Lavender Lemonade Recipe
This basic recipe is far from plain. Lavender gives the lemonade a hit of woody and floral notes while honey makes it sweet and light.
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- Juice from 6 lemons
- In a large saucepan, bring water and honey to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add lavender.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain, discarding lavender.
- Stir in cold water and lemon juice.
- Serve over ice.
2. Ginger Lavender Lemonade
Ginger gives this recipe a bit of spice to balance out the sweetness and tartness of the lemonade. The root also helps treat migraines and migraines as well as other migraine-related symptoms like nausea and vomiting (4).
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup minced, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh lavender buds
- 1 ¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Combine 1 cup of water, honey, sugar, ginger and lavender buds in a medium saucepan.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Cool for 30 minutes and strain to remove the ginger and lavender.
- Add the mixture into a 2-quart pitcher.
- Mix in the juice and remaining water.
- Fill pitcher with ice, if desired and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Fill 6 tall glasses with ice, then fill them with lemonade. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh lavender flowers.
3. Blueberry Lavender Lemonade
This recipe uses peppermint to help ease dizziness and anxiety related to your headache. It also works to relieve menstrual symptoms, which may be the cause of your discomfort (5). Plus, blueberries add a pop of color and nutrients into the mix.
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, stems removed
- 1/3 cup fresh peppermint
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender
- Combine 1 cup of water with the lavender and mint and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, dissolve honey and let it cool.
- Juice lemons into a large pitcher; add remaining water and stir.
- Add blueberries and garnish with mint, then serve.