13. Drain Your Sinuses
- To stop a sinus headache in its tracks, push your tongue against the roof of your mouth as you press your thumb right between your eyebrows.
- Hold the pressure for 20 seconds. When you release, it will stimulate the vormer bone in your nasal cavity and cause it to vibrate. Immediately, your sinuses will drain into your nose and throat and give some relief.
- Repeat every hour or so as needed to treat sinus headaches and sinus pressure.
14. Get Enough Sleep
Being sleep deprived can confuse your brain and worsen vertigo. Since vertigo can also cause sleep deprivation, these essential oils can help you out.
- 4 ounces of magnesium oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Roman Chamomile Essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients into a 4 ounce (or larger) glass spray bottle. Cover and shake until the oils mingle thoroughly.
- Spray 3-5 times on the bottom of each foot to cover the whole surface before heading to bed.
15. Eat Anti-inflammatory Foods
If inflammation is putting pressure on your brain or your inner ear, it’s important to watch what you eat.
While there are plenty of foods you can eat every day to fight inflammation, this drink is a great place to start.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh or Powdered, Organic Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Organic Cinnamon Bark or Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic, Unrefined, Unbleached, Non-deodorized Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Honey
- 1 Cup of Hot Water
- Bring the water to a boil in a tea pot or sauce pan.
- Place the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon is a small, ceramic or glass bowl.
- Pour hot water over spices, cover the bowl, and allow the mixture to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain tea off of the spices into a large mug and melt coconut oil as well as honey into the tea.
- Discard used spices and enjoy.