10. Gaze Stabilization Exercises
These vertigo treatment exercises retrain your brain to not trigger dizziness when you move too quickly. Skip the video below to 1:47 for the exercises.
- Sitting still, move your eye from one side of the room to the other, back and forth, about 10 times.
- Follow up by looking up and down about ten times, keeping your head still.
- Next, look from one corner of the room to the other in a diagonal fashion. Repeat on the other side.
- Focus on a spot on the wall in front of you and move your head side to side while focussing on the spot. Repeat, moving your head up and down and then diagonally.
Acupressure can slowly help reset your nervous system to relieve vertigo and improve sensory communication. These points also relieve anxiety.
Here are a few points to try:
Third eye: Bring your thumb to the area on your brow between your eyes and hold with steady pressure for 2 minutes.
Pericardium 6: Find the crease where your hand meets your forearm and measure two and a half finger’s width from the crease. Apply steady pressure to the spot, between your tendons using your middle finger. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Repeat on the other forearm multiple times a day.
12. Lymph Drainage Massage
Vertigo can be caused by a build-up of lymph in the inner ear. If you aren’t too active, your lymph might not drain as it should. Move it along with this simple massage.