A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection.
Strep throat is very common and can happen to anyone, especially in children thirteen years and younger.
Fortunately, there are many effective natural ways to stave off and treat the infection.
Here are the best ones you can use. These natural remedies help soothe the pain, counter the inflammation, and attack the bacteria.
A staple ingredient in natural remedies, honey has very strong healing properties (1). When it comes to throat infections, drinking tea with lemon and honey will help improve your condition.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably already know about the many health benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar. But did you know that it could also be useful against strep throat?
Simply dilute ACV in a glass of warm water and gargle. Although the amount you use can vary from one person to another, using 1-3 teaspoons in 8 oz of water will usually be enough. You can choose to do 1/4 cup of ACV in 16 oz of water.
3. Cayenne pepper
Studies have shown that cayenne pepper is well absorbed by your skin. In fact, it’s often used in salves to treat muscle and joint pain.
The best way to use cayenne pepper is to apply it on your throat and on the swollen lymph nodes on your neck.
Cayenne Pepper Cream
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix both ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply directly on the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat. (source)
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like thyme, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, sage and cinnamon can be extremely effective in the case of strep throat.
Due to their powerful antibacterial effects, these oils can be beneficial against internal bacterial infections.
In order to feel quick relief, add five drops of some essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for a few minutes a few times a day.
- Build a $300 Underground Greenhouse For Year-Round Gardening
Growers in colder climates often utilize various approaches to extend the growing season or to give their crops a boost, …
- Toxic Buildup Leads To Weight Gain And Belly Fat. Try This Simple Detox Drink
Do you easily put on weight despite eating healthy? Do you experience headaches, acne, depression, insomnia and fatigue on a regular …
- 5 Natural Homemade Mouthwash Recipes
Looking for a natural mouthwash that you can make at home? We suggest these 5 homemade mouthwash for an incredible …
- These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Could your lipstick be full of hidden toxins? Women of all ages use lipsticks and gloss to brighten or finish …
- FDA Is Recalling Turmeric From THESE Brands Due To Lead Contamination
Since turmeric is a health food as well as a medicine, it’s essential to buy the high-quality stuff. Low-quality spices …
- Talcum Powder Is Linked To Cancer And Lung Damage
You would think that baby products are made to be as non-toxic as possible, but studies have shown that an …
- Add These Three Ingredients To Your Shampoo And Say Goodbye To Hair Loss Forever
We usual associate hair loss with men, but it can actually be a really big problem for women. In fact, …
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Lose Weight
To successfully lose weight, you have to make significant lifestyle changes not only in the way you eat and exercise, …
- Mind-Blowing Reasons Why Aloe Vera Is a Miracle Medicine Plant
Few common plants are as versatile and nurturing to human health as aloe vera. While intrinsically a tropical plant, this …
- Every Single Hour You Spend Watching TV Reduces Your Life Expectancy by 21.8 Minutes, Study Says
Your mother probably used to yell from the kitchen, “turn off that idiot box!” What great advice, for more reasons …
- 9 Signs of Hormone Imbalance Women Shouldn’t Ignore
Although you may think of hormones mainly in the context of puberty and sexual activity, there are many different kinds …
- Do You Easily Get Annoyed By The Sound of Chewing? Apparently THIS Is The Reason Why!
Some people need to be in a quiet space to focus properly while others need absolute dead silence. If you …
- Why You Shouldn’t Get Nutrition Advice From Your Doctor
Let me ask you this first; have you ever gone to your doctor as a result of any of the …
- 4 Lifestyle Changes That Can Ward Off Heart Disease and Reduce Your Risk of Early Death by 80%
Information from the John Hopkins Hospital may be prompting some individuals to re-evaluate lifestyle factors that could put them at …
- Why Hair Loss Is An Early Warning Sign You Should Never Ignore (And What To Do About It!)
Everyone knows what it’s like to lose a little hair. In fact, we lose 50-100 strands per day on average …