A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection.
Strep throat is very common and can happen to anyone, especially in children thirteen years and younger.
Fortunately, there are many effective natural ways to stave off and treat the infection.
Here are the best ones you can use. These natural remedies help soothe the pain, counter the inflammation, and attack the bacteria.
A staple ingredient in natural remedies, honey has very strong healing properties (1). When it comes to throat infections, drinking tea with lemon and honey will help improve your condition.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably already know about the many health benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar. But did you know that it could also be useful against strep throat?
Simply dilute ACV in a glass of warm water and gargle. Although the amount you use can vary from one person to another, using 1-3 teaspoons in 8 oz of water will usually be enough. You can choose to do 1/4 cup of ACV in 16 oz of water.
3. Cayenne pepper
Studies have shown that cayenne pepper is well absorbed by your skin. In fact, it’s often used in salves to treat muscle and joint pain.
The best way to use cayenne pepper is to apply it on your throat and on the swollen lymph nodes on your neck.
Cayenne Pepper Cream
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix both ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply directly on the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat. (source)
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like thyme, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, sage and cinnamon can be extremely effective in the case of strep throat.
Due to their powerful antibacterial effects, these oils can be beneficial against internal bacterial infections.
In order to feel quick relief, add five drops of some essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for a few minutes a few times a day.
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 5 Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
By now, you know that stress is not exactly the best thing for your health. Yoga is a great stress-buster …
- Big Pharma Is Synthesizing Cannabis To Make A Patent-able Pill And It’s Killing People
Cannabis is conjuring up a storm in the world of natural medicine. That’s because cannabis contains healthy compounds called endocannabinoids. …
- The Shocking Reason Why You Need To Boil Cinnamon Before Using It For Weight Loss
If you didn’t already know, cinnamon is often used in weight loss recipes. And the reason for that is because eating …
- Wash Your Face With Coconut Oil Every Day And Watch What Happens To Blemishes And Wrinkles
Back in 2011, Americans spent more than $50 billion on beauty products. (1) Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. But not everyone’s …
- 4 Shocking Mammogram Facts You Don’t Know But Should
Doctors often recommend an annual mammogram. It’s supposedly one of the best ways to prevent breast cancer. However, in a recent …
- Revitalize Dry, Brittle Hair With Castor and Coconut Oil By Using Both at Once Like THIS
There’s nothing like dry air to make your hair unmanageable and frizzy. Although some people try to combat static and …
- She Drank Warm Honey Lemon Water Every Morning For a Year…(Must See What Happened)
The health benefits of honey and lemons are undeniable. They’re so good for you that simply adding them to your water …
- Victory! World’s Largest Spice Company To Go Organic And Non-GMO by 2016
Organic and non-GMO products have really taken over mainstream market trends. Last year, American spice giant McCormick announced that 80% …
- When This 17-Year-Old Teen Refused Chemo She Never Imagined Things Would Escalate This Far…
When it comes to medical authorities, human rights apparently don’t exist, especially if you are under the age of 18. Competent …
- This Japanese Facial Massage Will Rejuvenate Your Skin And Make You Look 10 Years Younger
The techniques used in this massage stimulates the lymph nodes, thus speeding up the discharge of toxins and excess fluids …
- 5 Proven Tips for Sleeping Better at Night
Most people don’t get enough sleep, which can lead to countless health issues ranging from difficulty concentrating and headaches to …
- 12 Types of Pain That Are Directly Linked To Emotional States
You may have noticed that people who are often ill tend to be pretty negative. Of course, it’s hard to …
- Put Peppermint In Your Home And Say Goodbye To Spiders, Mice, And Other Unwanted Pests
If you live in the north, winter may actually be a welcomed break from the pesky rodents and insects that …
- 8 Easy Tips To Help You Stop Snoring Naturally
Snoring can be a major problem when it comes to sleeping, both for the snorer and their spouse. How do …